PDA

View Full Version : which Easyjet 73 bases to become 'bus?

easyswimmer
18th Sep 2004, 05:02
Any answers/advice to the following would be much appreciated..

1. Any more ideas coming out of easyjet with regards to which bases may convert to the airbus? and when? (months or years?)
2. In particular what are the plans for ncl? Have read a few threads which are a few months old now suggsting ncl expanding quickly and easy basing a 6th there soon and the airport suggesting 10 in the future.
3. Is ncl just a 737NG base now or do you have a few 300's knocking about?
4. Would you go 73 or airbus given the choice? - it is a choice!
5. Any foreseable problems/considerations being on a shrinking 73 fleet with easy long term?

Any direct info from easy ncl guys would generate a beer if I end up there!!

Ta.

LTNman
18th Sep 2004, 05:41
5. Any foreseable problems/considerations being on a shrinking 73 fleet with easy long term?

I thought easyjet have a backlog of new Boeings still on order?

The easyJet fleet currently consists of 92 aircraft: 72 Boeing 737 series and 20 Airbus A319s. (August 2004).

10 DME ARC
18th Sep 2004, 09:07
Easyswimmer
To answer a few points;
* NCL is totally a NG base.
* NCL has five 700's based present with the sixth arriving end of October.
* I would guess going totally from 300's to 700's less than six months ago it would be one of the last to go to the bus, but you never know what Easyland has in store!

10D
:)

Doug the Head
18th Sep 2004, 10:30
A few months ago the sky was the limit for as far as new bases were concerned, but recently things seem to have cooled down significantly. Low yield routes are given the chop (AMS and ZRH) and old and expensive (high lease cost) -300´s are returned as STN will go Airbus in the first half of 2005.

My guess will be that all -700 bases will stay -700, while most current -300 bases will change to the Airbus with some moderate expansion (read: new Airbus bases) in Europe over the next 2 years.

LTNman, as far as I´m aware all 737´s have been delivered and as a direct result Boeing training has slowed down quite a lot. The main focus seems to be on Airbus now.

kirstys_little_man
18th Sep 2004, 10:50
LTNman, as far as I´m aware all 737´s have been delivered and as a direct result Boeing training has slowed down quite a lot. The main focus seems to be on Airbus now.

Quite correct, Easyjet have no more Boeings on order, just 319s now.

KLM

easyswimmer
18th Sep 2004, 12:53
thanks for the swift replys....so if I am going to tactically aim for a boeing base ie 300's which should i be looking at? The offers seem to be scottish bases or ncl.

Anyone got any comments on the easyjet ncl base as far as crew and atmosphere goes???

Cheers again...need to decide asap!