PDA

View Full Version : Emirates DECs

fullforward
17th Sep 2004, 22:44
EK still posting for DECs, almost on weekly basis, for all fleets...

wetherby
18th Sep 2004, 10:24
I attended a DEC interview in late July and have recieved an email saying that there is an unavoidable delay in communicating the results of the interview to me.
I have also heard that Emirates may not now be attending the BALPA Employment Conference on 9 Oct.
There is obviously somthing going on, any ideas?

Payscale
18th Sep 2004, 14:20
Emirates are setting their house in order. There is apparently no need for more DECs, as a big group of FOs are reaching their 3 year day. Frankly guyes, most FOs here were Capt. in their previous airlines, and have paid their dues in the right seat. So I wouldnt be sitting around waiting for an invitation,. The 3-4 DECs I have flown with have been great. Ex cathay guyes. with loads of experience.

The cabin have slowed down or maybe even stopped further recruitment. But I am sure it will pick up in the start of next year, when the B777-3ERs come

Enjoy your day

fullforward
20th Sep 2004, 21:06
Why would EK bother to advertise for DECs, almost weekly, if they donīt need them?
Simply doesnīt make sense...

330 Man
22nd Sep 2004, 06:53
Fullforward,
We may need up to 40 dec's starting in the spring for the 777's. I am assuming that we are planning ahead, ( that is a phrase that you thought you would never hear regarding Emirates) and preparing a pool to choose from when hiring begins again. It is still undecided if in fact we will hire any more DEC'S at all because as Payscale mentioned, there are many F/O's qualified to upgrade at this point. Starting in March we will begin taking delivery of a 777-300ER every 3 weeks for 2 years. We could run out of F/O's to upgrade, but the hiring of new F/O's will last for a long time.

Regards,

330 Man

youn
22nd Sep 2004, 09:24
330 man
Your info. seems very credible,you sound very sure,for this reason i will repeat my unanswerd question,How many applicants rated and unrated in the hold pool?
What are the chances for some one with 15000 hr most of which jet command but not rated?
Regards.
youn

fullforward
24th Sep 2004, 18:00
Thank you guys, I wish you a quick and deserved jump to LHS...
Regarding the endless ads EK is still putting looking for more DECs applicants, we are amazed on the size the pool already must have!
Cheers:confused:

YOUN

We are exactly in the same boat, man!
And the info we want is as classified as a Pentagon confidential paper!....:sad:

Quod Boy
25th Sep 2004, 16:54
Recruitment freeze,on,in all EK depts.

Fuel price,affects everyone,even EK,who have billions of barrels,sitting under Abu Dhabi.

Plenty of 777s coming,but plenty of FOs,waiting in the wings.

They deserve first go,if expansion continues,unabated,Im sure yet more DECs will be needed,but who knows??

Keep on,keeping on.Good luck.

QB

AVIATOR757
25th Sep 2004, 18:47
It may come as a surprise that there are DEC interviews scheduled for October. Large hold pool and ad's only insure quality, with freedom of weeding out what is not required.
Cheers
A757

330 Man
29th Sep 2004, 06:10
youn,
So sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I was at the beach with the family and a case of German pilsner! I do not know how many of the "pool" are type rated. I do know that it is not required to be current on type to get hired. We have hired 330 DEC's who came from the Boeing. We have one who was flying the BBJ, and is now a 330 capt. We have put Airbus rated guys on the 777 and Boeing guys on the 330. As I have said in the past, hiring is primarily based on how well you can play with the other kids in the sand box. Your flight qualifications will get you the assessment but your personality, attitude and flying skills will get you hired. This may all be moot at this point, as I really do not think that we will hire any more DEC's even for the 777. There are many F/O's who are more than qualified to upgrade.

Quod Boy,

There is indeed a freeze on all departments except for flight ops. This is only the annual month off for recruiting to catch their breath. (last year it was Aug-Sep.) Recruiting will begin again by the end of October.

Regards,

330 Man

Pontious
30th Sep 2004, 13:50
If there is one thing EK management loves to have then it's OPTIONS. They want the option of having a pool of 'DEC's' available at, quite literally, a moments notice to fill any 'sudden demand' void.

There are also quite a few F/O's who have flown here for a couple of years who have been notified of impending Command courses for both fleets plus a sizeable number of B777 Capts. who swapped over to fly the Buses that could quite easily swap back to the B777ER's, which would also create Left-seat vacancies on the Bus. As far as the demand for Skippers, it is a circle that EK can easily maintain from within due to the very high experience level, quality and calibre of the F/O's recruited.But like I stated in my opening line...If there is one thing EK management loves to have then it's OPTIONS...Hey A330Man, pass me a pilsner and the sun block!!!

:ok:

White Knight
2nd Oct 2004, 04:54
Just talking to a 330 skipper this morning - and he's headed back to the 777 shortly, so yes, there is a 'bus to boeing exodus. AND he didn't seem too happy about it either.....

youn
3rd Oct 2004, 00:00
33oMAN.
Thanks very much for the reply.
I guss the only thing i can do now is wait and hope not to receive
the "We sorry your application has been rejected"
youn