PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used interview prep courses?

Flaps10
17th Sep 2004, 17:21
I have my first interview with Cathay coming up in November and I was wondering if anyone out there has used or at least considered using the interview prep course offered by www.pilotcareercenter.com. They have a Cathay specific course and it's $400.00 CDN. Pretty steep if you ask me but perhaps it's worth it? They don't have much info on their site about it...just payment options (go figure).

So does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?

Thanks
:ok:

bumboclot
20th Sep 2004, 22:00
hey flaps, check your PM's...

Koyo
21st Sep 2004, 01:23
I'm also thinking about using such services but I'm going for the cadet program. It seems like a bit of a over kill and/or waste of money.

bumboclot
21st Sep 2004, 02:01
I wouldn't say it's overkill or a waste of money. If Cathay is your dream job then you need to do anything and everything to help yourself score points during your interview. A good interview prep course will test your technical knowledge, give you a good insight on how the interview process goes, and should make you feel more confident going into the actual interview.

My 2 cents...

sodapop
21st Sep 2004, 06:56
flaps10, check your PMs.

Koyo
22nd Sep 2004, 05:06
Well, I guess I can email them and find out what exactly they offer. I have doubts because their website doesn't indicate if there is a service targeted at cadet programs, let alone one that is specific to CX.

betaboy
23rd Sep 2004, 04:17
A guy from our company just got on after spending $600 on the prep course (direct entry SO). Another just got on without it. I suspect the benefit is greater for those who have not had much interview experience, and significantly less for those who have, or for those are comfortable making up their own lists of possible questions and having a spouse or friend coach them.