PDA

View Full Version : xp-Lost my CD & DVD

helidriver
16th Sep 2004, 22:13
After searching various forums i'm now at my wits end. My cd and dvd no longer show in My Computer. I've been in the registry ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4 D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}) and deleted the lower didn't have an upper as suggested. I've used a registry checker-all appears ok. I've deleted Nero as there can be a conflict with windows all to no avail.

I must admit it did come back on line for a couple of hours after my comp had been turned off for a few hours today, then, whilst my back was turned it made a bonk noise and both icons buggered off. :{

Any suggestions, other than drop the lazy thing down the stairs ?:confused:

Please help,

Helidriver

Naples Air Center, Inc.
17th Sep 2004, 03:35
helidriver,

The amount of information you gave amounts to a question in aviation terms like this:

"My friend has a problem with his airplane. The plane has a propeller on it. What do you think is wrong with it?"

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. It would really help having the specs on your hardware and OS.

ORAC
17th Sep 2004, 04:56
Might be an intermittent cable fault. Do they appear in the BIOS on start up before windows? If not, if they are both on the same cable, change the cable.

mikedurward
17th Sep 2004, 13:06
There could be quite a few reasons for this. I cable fault, a motherboard fault or even a virus can cause these symptoms