PDA

View Full Version : NAC vs EFT for JAA CPL/ME training

raceeend
16th Sep 2004, 21:54
Dear Fellow Pprune'ers,

Could anyone of you please help me with what would be the best place to do the JAA CPL/ME training?

Naples Air Center or EFT in Ft Pierce

Yes I already did a search on PPrune but could not realy find the differences between the 2 schools.

Both get possitive and negative reactions, so i would like to know what would be the best place to do the JAA CPL/ME.

:ok: :D Greetings from Amsterdam:D :ok:

razzele
17th Sep 2004, 03:57
depending on what programme your going to do it could be well worth going out to visit both places talk to management and talk to currunt students at both places...

ORBITAL
17th Sep 2004, 11:03
Done mine at EFT.
No complaints very pleased.
High level of instruction and friendly.

Dondon
17th Sep 2004, 13:09
EFT guarantees you instructorship while Naples doesn't. Correct me if I'm wrong. Wouldn't it be better to return home with 1000+ hours than 200 to 300?

Penworth
17th Sep 2004, 13:20
I don't have any connection with either organisation, but would you want to be trained by a company that guarantees an instructors position to all of its graduates, without even having met them, and regardless of whether they have the necessary attributes to be an instructor? :confused:

PW

ORBITAL
17th Sep 2004, 14:07
EFT only will guarantee an instructors position when on the ATP program,zero time to the lot [JAA and FAA].

Dondon
17th Sep 2004, 19:17
That is right. You have to be in the APP program to be enabled to work as an instructor later. To answer one of the previous messages...

Penworth... I'm pretty sure EFT doesn't guarantee any one from the first month they start. Remember that the APP takes 13 months to complete. You don't work as an instructor until you have proven yourself to be efficient and have completed all tests that have to be done.

ikea
17th Sep 2004, 22:12
yeah, im real interesting in EFT, thinkin abt getting licenses there, but im wondering about the IFR exams-apparently they need to be done in the UK?? I tihnk at EFTs UK affiliate

R T Jones
17th Sep 2004, 22:25
if sponsorship with ctp fails then going to the us for a year sounds nice, but i've also seen things on this website that says airlines look favourably on people doing training in the uk. as the training is off the highest quality. What are your thoughts on that. Just looked at Naples and it seems to be that for £26,000 you got 0 to fATPL with acomodation. but u have an FAA PPL and IR. Which must be converted i assume. The CPL and stuff is JAA.

Mordacai
19th Sep 2004, 00:58
Completed all with EFT.

Very good training, nice people. JAR CPL/IR/FIC(R) first time passes.

Not been to Naples, so can't comment.

It is impossible to 'guarantee' an instructors position, there will always be caveats and these will be listed in the contract.

Down to the individual really.

M

PS: You do not have to be on the APP program to work as an EFT instructor later. If they think you will fit in and be an asset to the company you will be considered.

Dondon
19th Sep 2004, 10:40
So basically, if you don't pass everything as the first try, you don't get an instructorjob, and you end up with the hours you initially went for. Does everyone do first time passes get an instructor job? Oh by the way, can you be in the UK base and work there instead? Cheers.

Mordacai
19th Sep 2004, 17:23
So basically, if you don't pass everything as the first try, you don't get an instructorjob

Thats not true actually. We are all human and make mistakes. Its the manner of your conduct, and the way you interact with other instructors and students that can make or break it for you.

I'm sure you will be fine. Dont worry about it, just concentrate on getting your ratings first.

Take care M.

PS: Not sure about instructing at UK base, think its only CPL and IR there at the moment, but have a word with the school.

Dondon
19th Sep 2004, 19:31
Mordacai, if you read http://www.pprune.org/forums/showth...5&highlight=eft you will understand why I'm worrying! :bored: Cheers!

raceeend
20th Sep 2004, 06:42
Gentleman, please.

I do not intend to become a flying instructor at NAC nor EFT.

Only thing would like to know is where to go for the CPL/ME, NAC or EFT and why?

Thanks for all the reply's

lod
25th Sep 2004, 03:27
Flew at Naples and went there because i knew guys who did all there training there and it went very well . Nice people from top top bottom and very well run.