PDA

View Full Version : 819 Sar Flt Prestwick

cobaltfrog
16th Sep 2004, 20:59
Can any SAR boys at Prestwick give me a clue as to the roster, Married Quarter standards, flying to be done, time to take to get to glasgow and whether the flights to London are readily available before I sell my soul!!

Cheers
Frogster

Spur Lash
16th Sep 2004, 21:15
I'm not a SAR boy at PWK, but assuming you are in the FAA, (or even if you aren't) and have been offered a job there; have you tried telephoning the SAR Flt?

Just a thought.

fatobs
17th Sep 2004, 07:53
I am a SAR boy at prestwick,

Give us a phone (number on the intranet) and we will let you know.

Depends on whether or not you are a junglie, we have enough of them now thanks.

Fatobs

peterperfect
17th Sep 2004, 15:36
Has something broken down in the Fleet Air Arm's comms chain when someone has to come to PPrune for appointing information ?

Juan Smore
17th Sep 2004, 20:31
If you don't know all of that already, then where exactly have you been all your life?

The Ferret
17th Sep 2004, 20:59
I had a great time when I was there in the early eighties on my second tour - eventually married one of the locals (but only remained hitched for a few years - don't ask)! 10 aircraft and a very active social programme kept us busy - things I fear have changed since then but the job can still offer some rewarding flying - life "ashore" is excellent (I maintained a house there for 14 years!) but best you contact the boys at Gannet - I am sure they will be more than willing to assist you!

cobaltfrog
19th Sep 2004, 13:23
Juan Smore

You obviously know everything there is to know so why don't you just enlighten me rather than wasting time slagging me off! As for where I have been most of my life.......well it would seem away from the SAR circuit wouldn't you think!

Fat Obs if your initials are SD then Dr Damage has told me who you are so I might be in touch. Thanks you for your help!