PDA

View Full Version : Sept issue of Airliner World / bmibaby

egnxema
16th Sep 2004, 12:24
I noticed that the September 04 issue of "Airliner World" - :sad: I hope that doesn't put me into the "spotter" catagory - on page 20 has a report about bmibaby's new BHX base - -much discussed here on PPruNe - but this report is the first place I have read this:-

Quote "It is not clear what impact the developements at BHX will have on the airline's base at Nottingham, although the carrier recently confirmed its intentiion to reduce capacity at EMA from the winter season. It says that ten routes will be dropped in late October, although whether these will be dropped permanently or just because of seasonal travel variations has not been revealed."

Is this "news" to anyone else? So far all the rumours had been that EMA should not be affected by the new BHX base (Not that we believed many those rumours)

Any input??

:sad:

737James
17th Sep 2004, 15:53
Im not sure about it being 10 routes dropped from Ema but there is a few but only because they are summer only destinations e.g Ibiza would be very surprised if not back next year as sectors i've done always had a good load,Knock im not sure about this one i doubt it for summer 05 as loads have not been great,Bordeaux more than likely next year.
On a different note while trying to book some flights for family I have noticed we seem to have pulled the LGW-PRG flights for winter at first i thought may just dates i wanted unavailable but having tried 6 other dates throughout the winter i guess its been pulled.
The timetable still has it down as operating with different scheduling to summer no more double Pragues anymore which i can say is welcome news as a long day with not the nicest of pax.
The new schedule has it down to be operated by two different Ema crews one doing Ema-Prg-Lgw-Ork-Ema and the other Ema-Ork-Lgw-Prg-Ema so still long days but that wont matter if the flight has been pulled anyway.