PDA

View Full Version : C130 with Cof G markings

Tiger_mate
15th Sep 2004, 16:56
OK so the spotter in me was aroused today. Since when can an aircraft have 3 CofG points, because that is what it would appear the C130 I saw today had painted on its side.

Light gray, no underwing tanks, offset in flight refueling probe, and three large markings on the fuselage each black and white chequers albeit in a square not a circle.

Somebody nearby mentioned wing-spar trial, anyone here know the gen?

Guy Willesley
15th Sep 2004, 17:01
Sounds like it's the 'J' that the Boscombe Down luvvies have been playing with for ever.

The 'chequers' boards are so they can track the drop profile of stores and personnel being kicked out of the side doors for later analysis. At least that's what it is if the markings are adjacent to the para doors!

Tiger_mate
15th Sep 2004, 19:03
The markings appeared to be one front, one centre, one rear quite large white and black quarters.

MrBernoulli
15th Sep 2004, 19:57
Did the crew flying it also have quartered circular black and white markings on their heads? Oh dear, I believe the Crash Test Dummies have got hold of an aircraft!

Razor61
16th Sep 2004, 00:18
There has been a Boscombe C-130J dropping around Keevil and Deptford the last few days working with a Lyneham C-130.

Razor61