PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Display Model Aircraft

Peter Barron
15th Sep 2004, 16:52
I collect Vintage Display Model Aircraft, modern ones as well really. the travel agency type, both military and civil.
These models to me are a lovely snapshot of the history of Aviation.
Pride of place is a 50th scale DC-6 in American Airlines colours ( would have liked to put a picture on but don't know how).

Do any other pprunres like or have any display model aircraft, if so, what are they.

(BTW, if anyone has any gathering dust in their loft that the don't want drop me a pm I could be interested in buying them ).

Tiger_mate
15th Sep 2004, 17:00
I have a model of the prototype BAC 1-11 complete with blunt nose and extended tail fin. British Aircraft Corporation written above a red cheat line, because once upon a time long ago there was such a thing as a British Aircraft!

Also a Brittania 767 - Laker A300 - Concorde

Edited due to incompetance, its been a long day.

surely not
15th Sep 2004, 17:03
Tiger_mate are you sure that it is a Laker A310? I thought he only ordered and operated the A300? Of course I could be wrong, it has happened once before :)

Lu Zuckerman
15th Sep 2004, 23:39
To: Peter Barron

Surrounding my desk in my home office are 26 glass shelves. Mounted on those shelves are 144+ models representing both military and commercial types. The commercial types range from DC-3s to 747-400 as well as most of the Airbus line. Most of these models are in 1:100 and 1:150 and many go down to 1:200 and 1:144. The military models are mainly in 1:48. There are several Pitts S2S models and a few other civil aircraft in 1:40.

I also have four different models of BA aircraft in 1:100 including the Concorde.

Behind me is a cupboard with mirrored doors and inside are according to my wife over 280 models of helicopters and various military aircraft. My pride and joy is a PBY-5AG built by Pigboat of PPRuNe fame. Also not mentioned are models of the P-51 and Me-109 in 1:16 scale. Late this year I hope to add an HO3-S-1G in Coast Guard livery. This model will be in 1:18 scale with the full interior detailed.

:E :E

pigboat
16th Sep 2004, 00:50
How are the decals holding up? :D

Lu Zuckerman
16th Sep 2004, 15:49
To: Pigboat

I think I will expire before the decals (dekkels).

:ok: :E :E :ok:

JDK
17th Sep 2004, 13:17
The Musee de l'Air et de l'Espace at Le Bourget has a very very nice model collection on display. There are two annex halls from La Grande Gallerie and one contains an amazing array of engines, the other a superb collection of all kinds on non-kit models. Highly recommended, easy to miss if you don't spot the door!