PDA

View Full Version : BA, Birmingham

Navajo8686
15th Sep 2004, 12:46
Afternoon all

Had an enjoyable weekend at Frankfurt doing enthusiast type things. I have an observation about BA Birmingham though.

As always a pleasant flight with BA from and to Birmingham (thanks to all) but the check in arrangements at Birmingham seemed to be (as always for that time of the morning) hopeless.

I suspect that first thing in the morning is the busiest time of the day at the check-in. The queue was already very long by 0430 when I arrived. The desks don't open until 0530 but the first flight check-in closed at 0605 - passengers had to be dragged out of the queue to get to the front so that they could get checked in just in time. The announcement for this consisted of a young chap declaring (in not a loud voice) that this should happen. Not all of those affected heard and then chaos ensued as they were trying to find out what had been said - others thought that they had also now got a problem so also went to the front of the queue to find that they did not.

If either (a) the desks had been opened earlier passengers would have been more relaxed and feeling better about BA or (b) a couple of desks had been dedicated to the earliest departures there would certainly have been less 'tut tutting' & passengers would have been more relaxed and feeling better about BA.

I'm sure that many customers vote with their feet when the customer service is just this badly managed! It does not inspire a great feeling of being loved and wanted by BA.

I should also add, in balance, that once you got to the desk the check-in lady was polite, helpful and everything that I would expect. It's a pity that she, and all her colleagues, are let down by poor management.

Got that off my chest......

Navajo8686

eal401
15th Sep 2004, 13:02
BA and customer service. As far as the management are concerned, these are words that should not exist in the same sentence.

A few bods on the ground do their best as far as they can.