PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain Day

ExGrunt
15th Sep 2004, 09:33
As a non Crab, I still though it appropriate to pause for a moment to reflect and be thankful for the contribution made by 'The Few'

Well done and not forgotten.

EG

Melchett01
16th Sep 2004, 00:12
EG - well said!!:ok:

We are now in an era of self-obsession, 'empire-bashing' and generally dengrating all our past achievements because they don't fit in with current views on tree-hugging. What are the odds on 1-in-10 of the general population being able tell you anything about BoB these days. Probably not great.

It's about time that the country as a whole paid a bit more attention to what sacrifices people made in the past so they can lead their lives today.

They maybe gone, but they are certainly not forgotten and I for one am proud to be a member of the service they once graced and thankful for the legacy they have given us.

BEagle
16th Sep 2004, 06:41
I attended Reichman's funeral yesterday and thought how apt it was that he was being laid to rest in a cemetery shared by many who had been pilots during the Battle on the very date that ws considered the height of the Battle.

He will have a lot of good mates 'up there'....

MightyGem
17th Sep 2004, 23:00
I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't noticed the date this year. Most unusual. :O