PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy your 737's please?

Tug
6th Aug 2001, 11:34
Wanted urgently, and open to partners willing to front up the dosh. Fairly confident of making a quick onward sale.
(Have experience in pre-owned cars sales so should be a doddle.)
:D :D :D :D

Anti Skid On
6th Aug 2001, 12:55
I have 4 732's out the back, how much?? (as if!) :eek:

The Guvnor
6th Aug 2001, 13:12
Tug: There's 165 available 737s of various types here, all just waiting for your call to service!! :D :D :D
http://www.speednews.com/listings/jetindex.html

Tug
6th Aug 2001, 13:33
Great stuff. Looks like I've got the market sown up. Stand to make a fortune. Keep you posted.
(Is this insider trading?) :cool: :cool:

The Guvnor
6th Aug 2001, 14:06
Nope, but I want a drink out of it if you make squillions! :D :D :D

Bearcat
6th Aug 2001, 14:58
if you can hang around for a couple of months Aer Lingus will be floggin a few as they go under ;)

What_does_this_button_do?
6th Aug 2001, 14:59
Has this got something to do with bombing an airport and then phoning the destroyed planes owners saying "you wouldn't Adam and Eve it - have I godda bargain for YOU!" :D

Tug
6th Aug 2001, 16:18
Gets better and better. Them Lingus ones sound good; very little positioning costs!
And hey, just take the middle motor out of the 727 and it's a kind-of -800. A bit of paint and who'll notice the difference.

In case you're all confused, take a look in todays Flight International.

PaperTiger
6th Aug 2001, 20:05
Wassit say, for those of us living where Flight won't arrive for another 4 weeks ?

Tug
7th Aug 2001, 00:53
It says, on a full page ad on page 7;

WANTED UP TO 50 BOEING 737s

-300s -400s or -800s.

In an article a couple of pages on regarding the unusual ad MOL is quoted saying:
"There are lots of people out there with 2 or 3 aircraft who we're hoping to find.."

Well, I'm trying to corner the market but no one is interested in accepting my Vauxhall Astra as good collateral. Oh well.
Someone stands to make a quick buck, and it aint me. :cool:

LTN man
7th Aug 2001, 09:40
From the Times

RYANAIR, the no-frills airline, is taking advantage of a global slowdown in air travel to pick up second-hand planes at bargain prices.
The company yesterday placed a full-page advertisement in Flight International, the industry weekly, in which it said that it was looking to buy up to 50 used Boeing 737s.

The airline, which has hoarded cash to exploit just such a glut, said that it needed no financing to complete the purchases. Industry observers said yesterday that the carrier could expect to pay anything from $13 million (£9.1 million) to $40 million each for the aircraft, suggesting that the group had earmarked up to $1 billion for its buying spree.

Airlines all over the world have been cutting capacity or deferring deliveries from Boeing in the face of a slowdown in world air travel.

Ryanair’s acquisition plans will please the aircraft manufacturers of Boeing and Airbus, whose sales teams compete, not just against each other, but against the second-hand market for planes.

Ryanair operates only 737s, following the successful formula of Southwest Airlines, the US carrier. The Irish carrier, which has the third-largest market capitalisation among European airlines, wants delivery between next year and 2005, and prefers planes aged between seven and 14.

PaperTiger
7th Aug 2001, 23:34
Tug

Well there's 55 available listed right now on a certain 'fast','topical' brokerage website. Perhaps you/we could claim a finders fee for pointing this out to FR.

[ 07 August 2001: Message edited by: PaperTiger ]