PDA

View Full Version : EK new format of selection program

thrustidle74
14th Sep 2004, 20:14
Hi,

is there anybody who joined the new format of selection program for EK interview?Seems like it changed a bit.

On the second day of the interview there's an assessment centre workshop followed by the interim assessment advice where they decide whether you will continue on with the selection or not.

Any experiences appreciated about the second day...

Thanx
Thrustidle74:ugh:

EGGW
16th Sep 2004, 07:13
Just done the interview, got in. No not correct as of August.

EGGW

thrustidle74
16th Sep 2004, 09:27
Congrats...

Maybe I will be one of the first who will experience the new format.
Have you got any advice for the interview from your experience?(anything new I mean).

Hope to see you there soon...(if I can manage the interview)

Cheers...

EGGW
16th Sep 2004, 10:16
Try to enjoy the experience, be your self at all times. Your abilities will be assesed, so you can't fake them, particularly in the sim. Its a hard 3 days, give it your best shot, be a team player.

EGGW.

thrustidle74
16th Sep 2004, 10:37
Thanx for the advice.:ok:

Cheers

dicksynormous
18th Sep 2004, 17:22
EGGW,

Well done , hope you enjoy it but are you sure you havent swallowed a recruiter, you sure got the ek mantra down pat.

I found it easy , but didnt enjoy it. Not once were we offered red wine or dancing girls. Now then i would have enjoyed it.

"Just enjoy the experience, be yourself," god that phrase annoyed me.Particularly when the people running it and showing around werent being themselves.not a staight answer about anything crucial.Expat life and honesty dont go together.

I certainly didnt enjoy sitting around all day on day three to be read a load of bollocks by a dodgy trick cyclists, more like a fairground gypsy using catchall phrases and babble.

PS passed but didnt go because they said i was too good looking, before i get slagged.

EGGW
19th Sep 2004, 13:18
Dicksy,

Know what ya mean, but i had tried to enjoy it. After all had done the cultural tour at Cyclones the night after the sim ;) :D
Mind after day 3 i had enough, brain ready to explode... LOL

EGGW

BYMONEK
21st Sep 2004, 17:03
EGGW
After a visit to the famous 'cyclone',are you sure it was JUST your brain that was ready to 'explode'?;)

Dicksy
Your right about the good looking bit.I'm a right ugly git and they said i'd fit in perfectly.........must be something to do with making our girls seem even prettier!

thrustidle74
21st Sep 2004, 17:10
Cyclone?????
I think I should extend my stay a few days after the interview:E

Vagrant
22nd Sep 2004, 02:46
Hey Thrusty

If you decide to extend your stay to do the Dubai culture thing by night, walk with plenty cash, as all the attention that you will get is not because you are cute,...if you get my meaning! Good luck on the interview.

V

thrustidle74
23rd Sep 2004, 13:51
Ok Vagrant I'll keep that in mind.
Same thing everywhere...;)

Tom74
11th Nov 2004, 22:14
So have you attended it yet? Please share your experience with the new selection process. Thanks

CAYNINE
13th Nov 2004, 13:27
Dicks,

Comments like that really are only from your point of view, Dubai is 90% attitude, have a good one and you'll love it.

The interview process was the best I've ever seen and experienced, try Qantas and Cathay, then look up ridiculous in the dictionary.

Rumour has it that it has changed as HR now have more influence than in the past and there are very few pilots left on the recruitment team. A pity really as these guys were fantastic and made you feel a part of the company the minute you walked through the door.

With an ego as big as yours mate, you must have been offered Direct Entry Captain, just so you can tell everyone "I turned it down"

White Knight
13th Nov 2004, 17:40
K9 - how right you are!!!

Anyone who calls themselves "bigusdickus" means they really have a little one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dicksy - you, much like MC, are the weakest link. GOODBYE:sad:

dicksynormous
14th Nov 2004, 21:57
OOOO get you lot , we are touchy arent we.

you are right about dubai being 90% attitude.
Its the 10% like white knight that put me off.

Ps WK my name is taken from a movie.
Are you a real knight or just a knob on a horse.

:ok:

goody
18th Nov 2004, 12:07
what they looking for , i guess after my interview,

send me a pm i can send you guys a good article regarding the whole interview process.

thanks . bye .
need your email address , file too big.

millerscourt
18th Nov 2004, 14:30
Dicksy

Reference your comments regarding White Knight. Obviously the latter in answer to the question you posed. Originality not one of his strongest points :{