PDA

View Full Version : BA Citiexpress...?

south coast
14th Sep 2004, 10:45
I see bacitiexpress have once again advertised in Flight International, well on their web site at least, have not checked the magazine.

I wonder if anyone had a responce from when they advertised some 3 weeks or so back.

Can anyone shed any light on this ....?

Leviathan
14th Sep 2004, 14:42
The Flight ad is for Jet F/Os

Presumably this means TYPE RATED F/Os as per the web site.

Anyone on the Jet Fleet with an update on the crewing situation there and opportunities for type rated guys?

Leviathan

smartfroginthefog
13th Sep 2005, 20:17
Well, well how lucky you were to get to submit your cv,not bad at all!!, it's a miracle really, trying to get a reply from ba citie express is one thing, but trying to submit your details in the first place through to them is another .
I tell you what it definitely harder to "logon" into their site than it is to get an interview (or it seems).
I've been trying to logon in all the ways I possibly could (not many really) but it seem that their site (logon page) is caught in a loop, are they doing that to limit the number of applications????????????????? What’s the point???.
Why don't they just do the same thing as all the other airlines like:” sorry blahblahblah airline isn't recruiting at the mo etc....."
Am I the only one to have experience that problem??

south coast
14th Sep 2005, 21:18
you obviously know me...who are you?

give me a clue...

African Drunk
16th Sep 2005, 11:52
A friend in the company told me 105 out of 520 pilots working notice.

davecr
16th Sep 2005, 12:28
Then again, you ARE an african drunk :p

On a more serious note, I spoke to three BACX pilots this week and all tell me there is a shortage of pilots and time to command is improving. There has been no word of anyone getting sacked (which seems pretty obvious to me, as they just started accepting applications again...)

V2andSOME
16th Sep 2005, 13:41
Davecr, what time of day did you get your phone call? and when you applied did you have a low number when you submitted?
Cheers
V2

davecr
16th Sep 2005, 13:50
I had a low number, 49 I think. Received the call around noon.

Dave

Mr Blue Eyes
18th Sep 2005, 16:07
The number corresponds to when you registered on the application site, not when you submitted.

razzele
19th Sep 2005, 22:03
my Application Reference is 00508

I registered on the morning of tuesday the 6th.

Submitted saturday afternoon on the 10th.

Still no word !

Does anyone else feel impatient ?

:ok:

Mr Blue Eyes
19th Sep 2005, 22:12
I registered on the 29th (yes it was open!) and have a single digit number!
600+ by 6th, I think it goes to show how many out of work pilots there are!
It will take them time to read them all, so not too alarmed! (wjo am i kidding - I think they have invited all they want to invite!

But good luck anyway!

gdnhalley
20th Sep 2005, 00:21
I submitted my application about 10 minutes before my mate, and he was given a number hundreds higher than me. It could well be a random number.
gdn

GoldenMonkey
20th Sep 2005, 10:45
I reckon you are right. I registered Tuesday 6th at Lunch time and submitted it Thursday lunchtime. My number was around the mid 150's.
From what has been reported here there is no obvious pattern (other than more ground down fingernails than not!)