PDA

View Full Version : Monarch poor punctuality

Localiser Green
13th Sep 2004, 22:38
The latest round of Charter Airline Punctuality (http://www.flightontime.info/charter/charter.html) shows surprisingly poor results for Monarch Charter flights over the Summer 2004 season so far (Apr-Jun).

Any ideas why the figures are so bad? The likes of Britannia, First Choice and Thomas Cook are running at 80% OTP, but MON is struggling to achieve 66%! And 10% of flights more than 1 hour late, that's double the leading airlines...

The figures are all the more unusual when you compare them with Monarch Scheduled Punctuality (http://www.flightontime.info/scheduled/airlines/zb.html) which on the whole is very good. :confused:

master slug
13th Sep 2004, 23:50
Could have something to do with the fact that Aviance dont have enough staff to service the contract.

Well thats the case at manchester. Half the flights have been subbed out to Ringway and Swissport.

Rumour control say's its Swissports contract as of Nov..........

So says the slug...................

Tommyinyork
14th Sep 2004, 09:11
I wonder what the results of Air Scandic and MyTravel are like. If Monarchs punctuality is bad, Air Scandics is terrible, i had a 10 hour delay with them before.

mudcity
14th Sep 2004, 11:13
Its because the schedules are operated primarily by A320/321 which have a good dispatch record where as the charters utilise the A300 fleet which has an appalling serviceability rate and are tech a lot of the time---record is 3 out of 4 AOG at the same time !!

Monde
14th Sep 2004, 11:34
Very true re ; a/c serviceability Mud but i think you will find the real reason is that the scheduled services are protected to the detriment of the charters - many times it was delay a ZB or a charter and the charter won every time , still it could explain the loss in charter business and gain in lo-co from the LTN mafia!

Chidken Sangwich
14th Sep 2004, 13:20
Monde - I thought the banning of MON Ops from requesting sub charters from certain Airlines by the 'new' sales force so that they can give the business to their mates in STN was something to do with it !?:ooh: :ooh: :ooh:

phoenix son
14th Sep 2004, 14:31
Monarch HAS (supposedly) gone to Swissport as of 1st November...Understand that the deal is done but then again...

PHX

Jerricho
14th Sep 2004, 15:03
I don't believe it.

I can't see any portioning of blame onto ATC. Will wonders never cease! :E

mantug01
16th Sep 2004, 10:03
Swissport have signed Monarch, Start date Nov 1st

rmo757
17th Sep 2004, 08:33
with regards to the post re tour op customers, I heard alot of them are jumping ship any one else care to comment?

Flightrider
17th Sep 2004, 09:16
Crikey, you'll have so many charter customers next year that you might need to take something for the indigestion......