PDA

View Full Version : landing hotel at aberdeen

md 600 driver
13th Sep 2004, 19:16
anyone know of somewhere i can land at aberdeen uk stay overnight [possible hotel or helipad near to city centre with overnight parking

thanks steve

MD900 Explorer
13th Sep 2004, 20:37
md 600 driver

I hear there are a few helipads at the airport :E

Thats fairly close to the town by taxi.

MD :ok:

Grainger
13th Sep 2004, 21:50
You could try the strip at Peterculter. Or the guys at Kintore could probably organise you a lift into town.

Bravo 99 (AJB)
14th Sep 2004, 13:51
Dyce is £6.50 taxi fair to the outskirts of aberdeen. I am sure there would be some obliging guys at CHC, Bond, Bristows or Just of the airport.
The thistle hotel is within walking distance from the arrival hall but book early if you fancy staying close by also if that fails try the britainic hotel pricy but good.

Try also speaking to Sid Simpson at HJS they are just outside aberdeen he may be able to help 01224 739111

hope it helps

Sincerely

Bravo 99 (AJB)

NickLappos
14th Sep 2004, 17:20
The Ardoe House Hotel just outside of Aberdeen has a big approved helipad in back, and the hotel is wonderful. We stayed there when we brought the S-92 to Aberdeen last year (tough job, but someone has to do it, boys!)

http://www.aberdeen-hotels-guide.co.uk/luxury.htm

Nealcon
16th Sep 2004, 13:13
HJS Helicopters at Peterculter, Aberdeen.

Overnight parking or hangarage, Jet A1 and AVGAS all available. Transportation can be arranged for you on your arrival.

Contact us on (01224) 739111

Pooley's Page 640 - PPR

Special 25
16th Sep 2004, 18:04
There is a hotel in Banchory called the Raemoir House Hotel. That is a nice old country house with a helipad on the lawn - Bit of an interesting approach for my tastes but who says helicopter landing areas and tall trees shouldn't go together ??

Banchory is about 20 miles from city centre. Apart from Ardoe House mentioned above and possbly Pittodrie House Hotel (near Inverurie) a similar distance (20 miles) from town, I can't think of anywhere else.