PDA

View Full Version : Westwind & Citation V comparison

klavoll
13th Sep 2004, 14:35
We are in the process of shopping for a new aircraft. We have been looking at Citation Vs and Westwind IIs. Anyone know where I can find accurate performance data and cost analysis on these airplanes?
Any personal experiences with both are also greatly appreciated.

Kopeloi
13th Sep 2004, 17:11
If you operate in USA Westwind II will be a superb choice. Way cheaper than Cessna, offering a nice cabin and real good range.
Everywhere else I would go to Citation due that fact that there is no maintenance available.
Nikolai

FLEXJET
13th Sep 2004, 19:14
Around 84 Westwind IIs have been built.
Range capability is up to 2400NM with 420KT + TAS.
But Direct Operating Costs are about 30% higher than those of the C560.

spider123
14th Sep 2004, 14:57
I have both Compair's comparative performance and operating cost data and also an European equivalent for these aircraft.

Send me your email/phone number via PM if you like, and I can sort this out for you if you like.

LGW Vulture
15th Sep 2004, 12:06
Klavoll...apples and pears really, you can't compare the two.

If you have a role for the aircraft, one of those choices you have made is probably the wrong one!

How did you arrive at this choice?

klavoll
15th Sep 2004, 23:34
Thanks for all the info spider123.

Our budget dictates which airplanes we are in the market for. We are currently operating a C550, but need more range. Both the V and the Westwind are better than the II. We are leaning towards the V since we can use the same crew and the operating cost are a lot less.

spider123
16th Sep 2004, 08:57
No problem at all Klavoll.

Westwind II will give you plenty of extra range for less money than the V.

Citation V has much better runway performance; lower operating costs; easier support (dependent on where you are); and as you say crew familiarity for your operation.

If the range of the Citation V is sufficient and the budget stretches then it would be a better choice I suspect!

However, if you need the range and have a little more in the piggy bank, might be worth looking at the Astra which has the Westwind fuselage, but a high speed swept wing which doesn't cut through the cabin .. therefore better headroom, as opposed to the Westwind with the mid wing)!