PDA

View Full Version : B737NG rating - how many sessions?

POL.777
13th Sep 2004, 07:42
How many full flight sessions is generally needed for ab initio pilots in order to complete a B737NG rating?
Many of the TRTO tell me that 9 (4hrs) sessions incl. CAA check is enough, whereas other tell me that 12 sessions is about right.
How about the number of landings during a basecheck - again some say 4 - 6 landings, other TRTO tell me that 10 - 12 landings is generally what a low timer pilot with average piloting skills need (bear in mind they are quite expensive, maybe the TRTO won't tell you that you need to pay €5000 extra in order to complete your training).

Bst rgds

POL

The Greaser
13th Sep 2004, 09:50
CTC as an example give you 4 or 5 fixed base sim sessions followed by 5 full flight sims to include the LST.
Base check generally requires a minimum of 4 or 5 landings (touch and go's) although a few more may be required where necessary.

X-Centric
13th Sep 2004, 12:02
POL.777

It depends who you do your course with but as a guide you will have four fixed base sim sessions followed by nine full motion sim sessions to include your LST on the ninth. The eighth session is where you will probably practice your circuit patterns.

If it is your first jet type then you will be required to complete a minimum of six landings in the actual aircraft. Only those with previous jet time can get away with just four landings.

Hope that this helps.:)

POL.777
13th Sep 2004, 12:19
Thank You X-Centric.

To my knowledge, there will be a couple of fixed sim sessions to practice normal and non normal checklists´followed by 8 full flight sessions and a CAA check. I didn't know that I needed 6 landings, but does that suggest I need more than 6 landings in order to pass the base check?

Best regards

POL