PDA

View Full Version : Recognition

The Butler
12th Sep 2004, 19:04
Hi all,

Thanks to your (mainly) kind replies and advice and many more hours researching and deciding on my plan, I have a slightly different plan now. I still firmly believe that going to one of the so called 'approved' schools could just help that little tiny bit, but like a few of you have said, it would seem to be a bit of a waste to do one of the integrated courses if I already have my PPL.

I'm planning on doing a full time modular at Jerez. What I was wondering was (maybe a silly Q) if it has the same recognition as the integrated version?

From what I understand, one of the reasons why the integrated course graduates MAY be slightly more appealing to some airlines is due to the fact they have completed a very demanding course in very little time (same as modular though eh). Also, they would appear to make a SLIGHT effort in helping with job applying and linking to airlines, although this only seems to be for a very brief period, by the end of which there are a load of new grads so you go to the back of the list. I don't think this makes much difference as its pretty obvious you're gonna have to sort yourself out in this respect. Anyway thats not why Im posting this msg.

Do you think it makes a difference as to whether you've done the modular version or the integrated? After all, its the same name on your CV, which COULD, POSSIBLY, MIGHT help for your first job.

Cheers for any ideas,

Butty

The Butler
14th Sep 2004, 16:49
Sorry, maybe I didn'yt make it too clear. Either that or I pi$$ed too many people off with my last post! Sorry, but it really got to me, Ill shut up next time.

This isn't a general modular vs integrated question, its more of a school recognition question.

If I went to cabair or anywhere that does both integrated and modular, then what's the difference (employment and recognition by airlines who might prefer certain schools wise) if you do the modular one or the integrated? Apart from that its 15k cheaper?

:confused:

Thanks for any help