PDA

View Full Version : Flying with Nationwide : LGW - JHB

Gunship
12th Sep 2004, 08:15
Has anybody flown with them before ?

The Saffers from West Africa that has - loves it (saves them a day in London and a trip to Heathrow).

Anybody got any comments about the flight as I want to change as well. :D ???

Thanks in advance :ok:

putco
12th Sep 2004, 08:27
Although l have never flown to LGW with NW, l do use them a lot out of choice from JNB-PLZ return. Their service is outstanding, always a pleasant smile and some banter along with good food.

On the occassion that l have climbed aboard in my uniform l have never got past the curtain, always been told to sit in 01A.

A very courteous bunch of folk.

Gunship
12th Sep 2004, 10:07
Tx for the reply Putco.

Yeah I have also flown with them a lot in SA and no problems - always been great :D

Maybe time to pull out that white shirt and stripes :E

Boss Raptor
12th Sep 2004, 10:15
All over Mr. Bricknell is achieving a good standard of service across the board in my experience - on the LGW-JNB service it is possible to get a premium economy seat which is extra leg room, catering etc. and is well worth the extra £100 or so - good service no negative comments...

Only negative issue really occurs to me - operationally he only has the one aircraft and if it goes tech, blows an engine etc. you could be in for a long wait

BAe 146-100
12th Sep 2004, 20:59
Hey,

The Nationwide long-haul operation is very good! :)

Still has the Air Canada interior.

They also have a proper Dessert / Cheese Trolley, who else does this?!

http://www.airlinemeals.net/images/meals/nationwideairlines007.jpg

You should look forward to flying them. :ok:

BAe 146

Gunship
13th Sep 2004, 07:17
Thanks Boss Raptor,

Yeah I understand that concern hat you have.
That is a chance I will take (like flying with Astraeus to LGW). But you are right, it is something te pax needs to know.

There are roughly a 100 new Saffers in SL / Gambia / Liberia area and especially the SL one's just had enough of the Ghana hub.

SN Brussels is great but you get dropped 0200 in the morning in Brussels and their are no direct conenction. (we need visa's to exit the airport as well). So it is off to London / Amsterdam to catch a direct flight to SA.

So by far Astraeus is better and with a great Nationwide flight = it just makes sence :D

Tx for the reply.

Gunnsss

Bucket
27th Sep 2004, 15:50
Wonderful service and yes, a real sweets trolley and if you smile you get seconds.

Great transport links from Gatwick to London (better than LHR) and price was great.

Could do better with the hub-links for those of us in the sticks is PE.

On the whole great. Way to go Vernon. Get another aircraft and make it daily.

:ok:

AlanM
28th Sep 2004, 14:27
I flew with them from JNB to Livingstone in February.

FANTASTIC!!!

Brilliant service, GREAT crew, lovely old 727 making a tight visual approach - and at the right price!

Will try the 767 soon I hope!

Alan