PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Dead Nimrod.

Catt
11th Sep 2004, 12:03
Hiho, remember me? I posted a couple of months ago asking for info on Plessey IPN starters for my dear beloved's jetbike.

Well now it seems he needs an auxillary power unit from a Nimrod 'because it's the only thing that will fit' apparently. He has given me no more detail than that, so what I basically need is info on whether there have been any Nimrod's decomissioned recently and where they/their bits have been scrapped. Oh, and whether those bits are for sale.

(Very) long shot I know but hey, thought I'd give you guys a go and see what you can come up with.

Cheers.

santiago15
11th Sep 2004, 12:19
Best of luck....... it's only cleared to operate for 10 minutes!! No I'm not joking.

Catt
11th Sep 2004, 17:52
I don't think it's intended to be the main source of oomph, I think he's only after a coupling from it. I don't remember him specifying 'in working order' just 'complete and undamaged'. The whole assembly, including the not-so-small cruise missile engine and IPN starter has to be shoehorned into a standard Honda Fireblade frame so I'm guessing the aux. power unit is going to be dissected for the bits he needs.

Thanks for the reply though.

Wraftongate
11th Sep 2004, 18:23
WHY ????

I thought that even the Lightning starter was only about 80HP
With the reduction drive, it's probably heavier than the 'Fireplace' engine.
Not sure that I would want an AVPIN 'controlled' explosion between my legs

Anybody got a spare Mk8..... and a mallet to whack it with ! WHEEEEEEEE PHUT