PDA

View Full Version : Air Scotland & Greece Airways

bmibaby.com
10th Sep 2004, 21:14
I've been trying without any success to find out more information about Air Scotland & Greece Airways and was hoping that someone could give me some information about the two companies.

All I know is that they have one Boeing 757-200 and employ both British & Greek crews. Can anyone tell me about where the airline is actually based, what they're like to work for? Do they have a schedule for the whole season, or do they just do last minute things? What are they like to work/fly with?

Just mundane questions, but very interested as I might be moving up to Scotland for personal reasons in the next six months.

Scottie Dog
10th Sep 2004, 21:40
Try looking at the following link for details of Air-Scotland's schedules. You will find a link at the bottom of the page which gives details of the Greece Airlines connection.

http://www.air-scotland.com/otherinfo/flight_info.asp#

Hopefully this will provide some information to get you started. I understand that Air-Scotland also run a small programme from Newcastle.

I am sure that others will provide a more personal, and possibly colourful, viewpoint on the airline.

Scottie Dog

Joe Curry
11th Sep 2004, 16:03
Air Scotland aka Greece Airways have
one aircraft based at GLA.

Fokker-off
13th Sep 2004, 11:37
bmibaby.com

Do yourself a favour and stay away from these cowboys!

If they treat their staff the same way they treat their customers then you'll be in a for a terrible time!

witchdoctor
14th Sep 2004, 06:58
Air Scotland don't run any service from Newcastle. They have been running occassional flights into/from there over the summer, but this ceased some weeks ago for the remainder of the season.

Strange bunch. Never actually knew whether the a/c would show or not, rarely ran to time, often cancelled or rescheduled, and the end of the summer schedule only announced after a call to their ops department (in Greece) to find out where the a/c was and whether it was coming in. And a tatty paint job to rival the worst of Ryanair.

Not sure they are a company you could rely on in any capacity.

GrahamK
14th Sep 2004, 08:27
I believe they actually operated one of their irregular flights into NCL on Sunday from Palma, unless it was cancelled :\

Eff Oh
14th Sep 2004, 08:57
Air Scotland do not operate to NCL at the moment. I believe the plan was to do so more regularly with a/c #2, however as it stands with 1 a/c I suspect that the NCL programme will be online from next summer.
BMIBaby.com if you want more info on Air Scotland/ Greece Airways then PM me.
Regards
Eff Oh

codpiece face
14th Sep 2004, 19:12
Will you be changing your user name if you get your command mr e o?. What about these india and pakistan flights from greece will it mean redeployment for your goodself?.

Eff Oh
15th Sep 2004, 08:58
Codpiece Face
Well you never know I may well change the name! :D I'll worry about that when I get the 4th stripe, or more importantly the pay cheque! As for India etc, no the a/c will always be based in GLA. I also know of another interesting route, but you can ask me about that next time I see you. Anyway you being an engineer you always know these thing before we do. ;)
Eff Oh. :ok:

codpiece face
15th Sep 2004, 11:01
Wouldnt be a longhaul route from edinburgh would it, quite an old rumour though that one.

The common guess amongst the technical gentleman types is that GRE will make an offer on some of the old mytravel 757's, which i have to say for their age are in excellent condition and would make a pretty good investment.

Eff Oh
15th Sep 2004, 11:12
Not quite on both counts. However having said that, I wouldn't rule out the second one. I do believe that they are not so keen as some of them are so old. (as your guys keep telling us) ;)

nef
15th Sep 2004, 14:14
Will it not be pretty difficult for Air Scotland to get clearance to fly to Pakistan/India? Other airlines trying to start flights to these countries, India in particular, seem to struggle to get permission to operate into these countries.

Someone on another recent thread claimed that permission to fly from GLA to Pakistan had already been refused due to objections from PIA, who have been rumoured to start the route (although they never seem to actually get round to it!)

Joe Curry
15th Sep 2004, 17:17
Wouldnt be a longhaul route from edinburgh would it, quite an old rumour though that one.

I doubt it would reach fruition, BAA have
a 'thing' about EDI long-haul.

OK, CO spectacularly broke the mold...
will their success spur BAA into
improving EDI's woeful long-haul facilities.?

codpiece face
16th Sep 2004, 20:03
Well Mr eff apart from the usual old 767 rumours we have heard nothing else so maybe you should enlighten us.

Eff Oh
17th Sep 2004, 10:36
I will tell you when I see you, just ask.
As for India/Pakistan, last I heard they had secured permission to fly from Glasgow- Athens-Pakistan. So the entry into Pakistan would be from ATH, not GLA hence no need to get the permission from UK.