PDA

View Full Version : QR What next ????!!!!

part_A_
9th Sep 2004, 11:50
Amazing that AAB didn't have enough from terminating employees that now he came with a new notice to cabin crew regarding service to deck crew on ground ( with out even noticing the deck crew about it ) which is as follows :
Pre Flight ;
1) Flight Crew are only to be offerd a bottle of water,cups&napkins...!!!!

2) Items of food (ie. sandwiches, snacks,buscuicts ,crew meals ,ETC) not to be offered on ground till after T/O

3) If the flight is delayed or long ground time ( may a week ) A JUDGMENT CALL must be made by the CSD ( so what the use of having a COMANDER ) next they will be having the Capt and F/O not flying without permission of the cleaners (without disrespect of any person or job)

After T/O:
1) Hot/Cold Drinks are to be offered after T/O
2)Food that been catered for the flight crew should be offered on completion of Pax service

Keeping in mind that the crew are not allowed to drink Espresso Or Capacino or orange juice or laban Anyway....

this brings me to the piont what is next no meals at all or not allowed to drink even Nescafe Or what ......

Please Please Please GROW UP .........

:* :* :* :{ :{ :* :*

knotaloud
12th Sep 2004, 06:15
Well you've finally done it I reckon. You've broken that very fragile link between cockpit and cabin laughingly called at QR, CRM.

I've just returned from several sectors of "no food, no drinks" and I fear the only people happy with the new procedure would be yourself and the lazy cabin attendants who take your Queen's shilling and report all misdemeanours to you under a cloak of secrecy. Much like what happened during WW2 with the Gestapo informers, I would think?

Previously, the tray of sandwiches (which by the way you can now save money on as they're intended for on ground) would be tossed in to us with a cheery "Can I get you anything?" "Only if you have time." would be the normal reply in my experience. Just HOW did that cause a problem to ANYBODY!

Yes, you, the greatest CEO since you looked in the mirror, you have really achieved something here. Confusion, anger, embarrassment, to name just a few.

Congratulations from the pilot group. What's in the pipeline next? Come on, give us a preview? Congratulations are also in order for our Flight Operations leaders in allowing this to happen. A hearty 'Well done!' from all of us out here on the front line.
Oh, and thanks so much for copying the memo to us. Or did I miss it?

Qatari515
12th Sep 2004, 07:39
A discount at McDonalds?

It is clearly going the wrong direction at QR...

Concerning or haled Flight Ops leaders...

Even they have to go via "the advisor" Mr MD if they want to talk to the CEO.....

QR is in for a crude wake up call soon....Its written on the walls....I wish only our so called managment would know how many pilots are planning to leave before the end of the year....

And this note about the crewmeal doesnt help this exodus at all....

It could hav been one of the nicest airlines to work for....I have remained positive for a very long time but I am afraid that now....

Golden Parrot
12th Sep 2004, 09:22
In light of the recent 'no food while on the ground' memo, I was wondering exactly when I would get a chance to eat if rostered for a double Bahrain? Bearing in mind the flight time is a grand total of 18 minutes I guess next time we will take up the hold to have lunch. And yes it would have been nice for us to receive the memo too since it affects cabin and deck crew, but only the former were informed.

maxtorque
12th Sep 2004, 09:52
Another absolute classic and so typical of this flying club!!!

It was great arriving on the flight deck the other night to be told by the R1 that coffee requests were no longer permitted before departure!!! So after reading the memo it was evident that I would have to make my own coffee (memo doesn't mention that you can't). Unfortunately while making my own coffee and searching high and low through the trolleys for my sandwich I inadvertantly got in the way of the crew trying to do their job for which I apologise profusely.

Next time I will bring my McDonalds bag and thermos, this way I won't interfer with the crew or contravene this latest wonderful creation by our esteemed CEO.

What's next........having to pay for an overweight crew suitcase?

Max

oryxbollocks
12th Sep 2004, 12:50
But you DO have to pay Maxtorque! Try returning from Toulouse with the manuals you have to take with you. "Sorry Captain that's over the limit." Of course you refuse to pay but that's not the point.

And like you QR515, I'd hoped for the best here and am sadly disappointed.

As a Cabin Crew aid to me recently, "They treat you guys like cleaners." Only she's wrong, the cleaners are treated with more respect.

GB

bus canuck
12th Sep 2004, 13:42
Normally I mind my own business when a different airline is concerned, however...

That memo/directive is the most pathetic thing I've read in a long, long time. You guys have my sympathy. It would seem that a little civil disobedience might be in order...

Best of luck, guys.:(

Safari Goat
14th Sep 2004, 07:17
Does this guy know that sometimes you check out of a hotel at 5 am to go on a 1 hour bus ride to the airport. Then you have to walk to gate 7,000 where you are parked to then go and preflight at get the aircraft ready to fly. Taxi out, wait in line, battle with weather to cruise altitude and then wait for the Cabin crew to serve pax then get to you some 7 hours later for the first time and all you get is Water and tissue paper up until that time?

I thought QR was getting better? I can see now I was wrong.

part_A_
19th Oct 2004, 05:13
Just to bring this post back to the top for those who are too lazy to look

Qatari515
19th Oct 2004, 07:33
Part A,

you do like your own topics dont you?

Thanks for showing us your tread again mate....

Much appreciated:rolleyes:

part_A_
22nd Oct 2004, 10:56
Qatari515
it seems that you have nothing to do but sit infront of the pc ..... i do have other things to do A LIFE .......

princessslisa
24th Oct 2004, 21:19
Don’t be amazed, I used to work for QTA, where the PD is Chairman and the first thing he did when he came was to cut drinks and newspapers for everybody, sometimes we used to go to work and bring bottles of water because there wasn’t any and you know what kind of temperature we have in Doha during the summer...!!!

Moreover I could say a lot about him and the way he manages/directs work, but to cut it short it sucks completely! He has to understand that, regardless of how he manages QR, he cannot run QTA as a company since it’s not a company, but an Authority, belonging to the Government, QTA cannot/mustn’t make money but bring money to the country, through tourism (Good luck!), investors (to you too!), etc.