PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about CTC ATP scheme

Cipri
9th Sep 2004, 11:40
Hi to you all!

I just got here and there is so much information that I´m a bit lost,
I would like to know what you think are the chances of being unemployed after earning a T/R at CTC, and How much it would cost you to keep the T/R each year in case of unemployment.
I have asked them for some info but I am still waiting, So I would also be grateful if anyone couled answer some of my questions!
Aprox. how much money does it cost?
In case of being selected, how long does it take until you start the rating?
Do they only offer 737, or are there some other like A320?
Even if you have an MCC, do you still have to complete their adaptation course?
Lastly I´d like to know if I have any chances; I am 23, with Frozer JAR ATPL, 1000 PISTON out of which 800 ME.
If someone manages to answer my questions I´ll finaly be able to sleep well.. THANK YOU ALL

The Greaser
9th Sep 2004, 12:40
If you succesfully negotiate all the ATP scheme hoops (a big if) then at some stage, maybe after a week, maybe a year you will begin a type rating with the airline that you will be initially partnered with (maybe 737, Airbus, 757 etc, depending on the airline)

The type rating is free. The AQC course (like a longer MCC course) which you have to pass as stage 4 of the selection process, and yes you have to do it even if you have an MCC already, will cost about 6000.

If you succesfully complete the type rating you will then move on to line training and then 6 months line flying before hopefully you will be employed permanently with that airline or maybe another.

As far as I know, any hours you have on top of the basic requirements for the fATPL are not necessarily a help, nor a hindrance. I had 1500 hours when I sucessfully applied for the scheme. However most people seem to go through with the fATPL just obtained and about 200-250 hours.

As for your chances, if you have the right attitude and aptitude then who knows. Age is certainly on your side.

There are many threads available in this forum with info and advice on the selection.

Good Luck

BigGrecian
10th Sep 2004, 15:39
Similar sort of vein. Is it worth fATPL with 200+ hrs or doing something like the EFT App. One's better financially obviously, its just hard trying to choose between the two.:confused: