PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Questions

In-epta
8th Sep 2004, 18:34
Hi can anyone help with a few ATPL questions I have?

Is there a "JAR JAR" land somewhere where every day is an ISA day, where all aeroplanes are Boeing A-Jar 25's, where the number of protons equals the number of electrons and all semi-conductors have 4 valence electrons?

Also who came up with the Kilogram- inch?! Pure Genius!

Next you'll be telling me that centrifugal force exists..............

High Wing Drifter
8th Sep 2004, 19:53
Sounds like you're a victim of bad feedback! There are plenty of Class B questions knocking about, lots of questions on inversions and isothermals and I doubt very much they'll ask you to visit CERN to count particles :D

Dunno what a valence electron is though? Wasn't in my notes I don't fink.

Next you'll be telling me that centrifugal force exists..............
Ah! But it is a good way of saying things want to travel in straight lines.

In-epta
8th Sep 2004, 21:45
sorry wasn't criticising the feedback, the exams were fine just don't agree with a lot of the stuff that JAR seem to be getting at. If they insist that these areas be covered at least teach the right stuff!

Any instructors with any thoughts on this?

Send Clowns
9th Sep 2004, 15:48
:D

As long as there's a JAA question assuming centrifugal force exists, then we'll tell you that it does!

OK, if you have the scientific academic background not to confuse the issue, we may also discuss that it doesn't and go into more detail as to what it is used as shorthand to explain, but there are some places where you just need to pass the exam :p We in groundschool have a dual role: to get you to jump through the hoops, and to give you the knowledge to be a good pilot. Some schools seem to forget the latter which is a shame, and a failing of JAA exams rather than the schools.

If that means sometimes assuming force can be measured in kg, that you might still use Loran or refer to the celestial sphere then so be it. Just as long as you remember the important stuff after the exams are a distant memory!