PDA

View Full Version : and again........

jerrystinger
8th Sep 2004, 18:01
.........and yet another significant BA incident (767 in EBB) joins the list! Can someone please enlighten us on what's going wrong? Who's at fault? How far will it go?
Flying BA soon? Check there's someone to check you in, check it's not been cancelled and check the a/c for poor maintenance! DIY??

Daysleeper
8th Sep 2004, 18:44
Flying BA soon? Check there's someone to check you in, check it's not been cancelled and check the a/c for poor maintenance! DIY??

Thats a bit harsh. Ok they can be a bit stuck up some times but in terms of incidents / cancellations compared to the number of flights they run and people they employ they do quite well. I take a lot of sheduled flights each year and I'm always pleased to see positioning on BA on my roster.

bealine
9th Sep 2004, 19:36
Please don't forget that British Airways enjoys massive publicity everywhere - which, whilst our marketing boys rub their hands with glee, is a real pain in the chuff sometimes!!!

If one of our pilots misbehaves it's ....."A British Airways pilot ............etc"

The current pilot in the dock for drinking is described as "A British pilot......." (no mention of the fact the idiot works for Royal Brunei Airlines and the world's readers assume it's BA again!)

If one of our aircraft misbehaves, it's "A British Airways xyz etc" - if it's someone else's machine, it's "A British aircraft" - same thing applies!!!

Please rest assured that Safety is paramount in everyone's minds at BA from the lowliest guy who sweeps the hangar to our new Chairman, Martin Broughton himself!

Boss Raptor
9th Sep 2004, 20:37
At 400+ aircraft BA is one of the largest airline fleets in the world - an inflight shutdown of a B777 GE90/RR Trent is hardly going to be statistically out of the ordinary - lots of smoke without real fire if you get my meaning