PDA

View Full Version : SA CAA relocation

Leftpedal
8th Sep 2004, 12:21
Is there any truth in the rumour that the South African CAA is relocating because they forgot to renew the lease on the old premises?

B Sousa
8th Sep 2004, 13:19
Ha Ha......Thats a good one. The building I was shown is right on the corner of Charles St and ?? It brand new and wasnt completed as of a few weeks ago. Looks smaller and Im sure will leave folks vehicles to the picking of the street people.....
Good Luck, but any answer I sure wont be a surprise......

Balloothebear
8th Sep 2004, 15:08
From inside the CAA the following:-
The current building belongs to SARS and they need it back!!
(for stashing our hard earned loot!!)
No feesability study was done re:-relocation of staff (ie transportation from home to work),office space availability and public parking.No suprises there.
Probably.......and I repeat probably.....someone high up in the organisations (CAA) cousins-mothers-aunties-nephew needs tenants for his new building project in Midrand.
AWA
(Africa wins again):*

ANVAK
8th Sep 2004, 15:09
They're moving to Waterfall Park in Midrand, opening there on 1st October 2004. See the latest Notams/AIC packages or look at their website. www.caa.co.za

clipboard
9th Sep 2004, 07:10
I fail to understand why they wanna move to Midrand. Morning and evening traffic is a nightmare, and so is accessability. Next thing is the CAA Pretoria staff will start bitching to their union about the cost of getting to work, the fees will go up again, and the flying industry will end up paying for it. Bear in mind that 90% of the CAA staff live in Hammanskraal, Soshanguve, Mamelodi, Atteridgeville etc, so why Midrand?

The SACAA is falling apart at a rate of knots under the command of all the "Senior Acting" staff, and the best thing Minister Jeff Radebe can do is to kick them all into touch and fire them. What a hopeless bunch. I have it on good authority that some key personnel will be leaving there soon due to the inability to get along with all the "senior eh...eh... eesch.....I dunno.....funsa's."

What a place!:}