PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Expands at Liverpool

dwlpl
8th Sep 2004, 09:46
Ryanair are to announce today that they are to introduce a daily rotation from Liverpool to Rome Ciampino.

The start date is set for the end of January 2005. Fares are from £14.99.

FlyLowCost
8th Sep 2004, 11:13
They add also CIA-EMA and CIA-Teeside, both in competition with U2. EMA is in direct competition, Teeside is in competition with NCL-CIA.

WHBM
8th Sep 2004, 11:39
Yes, here it is:

http://www.ryanair.com/press/2004/sep/rte-en-080904.html

Except that in best Ryanair PR fashon the website homepage says "3 new UK routes to Rome" but links to this article that only describes East Midlands.

egnxema
8th Sep 2004, 12:14
New routes are good news for the consumer, I guess.

Interesting though that EZY and FR have avoided each other pretty well in their London ops, but at a time when MOL and RW have spoken about the difficult trading conditions FR launch such direct competition - is this the start of the big two taking bites at each other?

Flightmapping
8th Sep 2004, 13:48
The release I read has LPL, EMA and also MME, which is a new addition to FR's continental portfolio.

http://www.ryanair.com/press/2004/sep/rte-en-080904-3.html

virginblue
8th Sep 2004, 16:00
Two more new routes also for Niederrhein NRN (aka RAF Laarbruch) on top of last week's announcement for PIK-NRN: New destinations from NRN are CIA and GRO, making it four in total. CIA is, by the way, in competition with VBird.

The_Bean_Counter
8th Sep 2004, 16:24
Looks like the start of the bloodbath that O'Leary is predicting, V-Bird on NRN, Volareweb on VLC, EZY on MME and EMA.

FlyLowCost
8th Sep 2004, 16:46
To VLC add also Alitalia that starts in one month a daily FCO-VLC with MDD-80.

Flightmapping
8th Sep 2004, 18:33
Bean,

EZY don't have any presence at MME

kirstys_little_man
8th Sep 2004, 19:00
EZY don't have any presence at MME

but bmi baby do...

KLM

Flightmapping
8th Sep 2004, 19:15
Yes, but they don't fly from there to Rome. and FR aren't basing any a/c at MME yet. I would expect to see them expand more on the Continent, where the market isn't as saturated, although it is not surprising that this includes routes to the UK from these bases.

I'm sure any expansion in Italy is hopefuly of an imminent collapse (or at least restructuring) of Alitalia, and also taking advantage of EZ's shrinkage from LIN.

egnxema
9th Sep 2004, 07:15
Flightmapping,
Don;t you think CIA - MME will be strong competition for NCL - CIA by EZY?

no, no, no
9th Sep 2004, 10:04
I think it is a tad strange that they have chosen Teesside (or as it will be known from next week; Durham Tees Valley Airport!!!!) :rolleyes:

is this going to be start of new things at MME, or just a way as people have said of getting to easy, and also pushing on baby's base??? where next? Other bases to MME??? What about STN-MME???? get at bmibaby (through bmi's LHRMME service) and easy's STNNCL in one fell swoop!!!!!

Flightmapping
9th Sep 2004, 12:20
EGN,

I'll admit I've overlooked NCL to CIA, but at the end of the day, NCL and MME are still two different airports. Locos compete against each other from airports which are close (ww at CWL v EZ at BRS; TOM at CVT v various at BHX etc), but this is not the same as operating identical route pairs. The fact that FR have chosen to do this against EZ at EMA is more interesting, especially as they've already forced EZ off STN to CIA.

no - surely MME is much more of a Ryanairport than NCL, which has several established scheduled carriers, rather than just BD, KL & a handful of oil flights. STN to MME would be an interesting one to run along side BLK on the west coast. Both are poorly served by train, whereas the Newcastle to Kings X rail link is fast & frequent (by relative British standards).

ezy733
9th Sep 2004, 19:02
I thought this thread was (Ryanair expands at Liverpool):confused: :confused: :confused: