PDA

View Full Version : J curve

helibiz
8th Sep 2004, 08:03
Airservices Australia has just sent a new brochure out to simplify the latest chage to NAS back page refers to Radar "J" Curve, and Radar TMA's. Now TMA is probably Transponder Mandatory Areas but doesn't say so anywhere. What is a radar J curve?
Doesn't look good that they have this right this time the last effort was somewhere between poor and dangerous. OH and of course pilots MUST make sure they get all the new up to date documents after Nov 25 that have just trippled in price and have to be replaced because of there incompentence.:{

Notaclue
9th Sep 2004, 08:23
J curve

Someone at CASA thinks the shape of the area covered by radar looks like a J.

Arm out the window
9th Sep 2004, 09:05
TMA just stands for Terminal Area, I think.
The J-Curve they talk about is the shape of the radar coverage down the east coast, as mentioned above...all good acronyms and jargon, nothing like it is there?

helibiz
10th Sep 2004, 00:52
Thanks for the replys and yes I suppose it does look like a J but with something hanging off the end of it . I just wonder though about the fuzzy logic of making such prominent mention of this without explanation for those of us that are less visually preceptive. The same fuzzyness that gave us the mess that this is now trying to fix. I can hardly wait for the next bit of clear thinking in the name of safety.