PDA

View Full Version : Safair Crew Monrovia

c3000
7th Sep 2004, 21:11
Hi there,

Just wondering if it is possible to find out how to get a hold of the crew in Monrovia, particularily the flight attendants.

We are the flight attendants from the Trans Capital Dash-7 based in Monrovia and would like to hang out with some fellow crew.

PM us to protect the innocent!!

Ciao for now,

Marshall and Harrison
Canadians Lost in Liberia!

contraxdog
7th Sep 2004, 21:59
We are also here would like to do that.How about a bash here in Monrovia give me a call I will intoduce you to them

AfricanSkies
8th Sep 2004, 00:13
How is Monrovia for a base? How do you geys get internet access there, last I saw on CNN the place hadn't had electricity for 10 years since the power station broke! Is it one of these bases where you hire a villa, fortify it and then venture out only to the airport and back or possibly the odd visit to the one-and-only-half-decent-shop-in-town to buy kak you normally would only take camping type of places or is it one where there's a bit to do? The fishing looks like it could be good...:ok:

contraxdog
8th Sep 2004, 23:29
Monrovia is better than most,
Electricity is supplied by monsterous generators that consume humongous amounts of fuel. One of which is doing its thing outside my room.
Internet is available from one of three options. Two of wich is Wireless and a third that is Satelite based. The wireless ones suck, as service is erratic.
Mr Jameson, and The Captain can be convinced to join your company for the same price as at home, Imported beer is cheaper, and local brand Club for even less.
Food is affordable.
Social life is none existant unless its a private affair.
Food in the restaurants is expensive, but its understandable.
Food prices in the stores are very close to home, escpecially if taken into account that the trolley for trolly people, hasnt got here, yet.
Cell phone service is available however roaming is not available. Text messages can be sent some places in the world, but replies cannot be recieved.
Local people are friendly and helpful.
You can enjoy a game of squash every evening from 6-8. (Generator times).
The 62 mile drive to the airport is an experience, however nothing compared to Kinshasa. It looks like driving to work through the Vietnamese countryside.
Deep sea fishing will be a reality in a short while. Boats are on their way.
Living in security village is done for the same reasons that its done in SA.
My personal opinion its one of the better bases.
Kabul on the other hand Darren.......

Gunship
9th Sep 2004, 07:20
Morning Contrax you ol' dog ;)

Last I was there everyone was staying and gathered at Mamba Point ?

That was a day before the murder of the American.

Stay well and come and visit mate :ok:

contraxdog
9th Sep 2004, 17:02
We were there, but it rained so much even the Ferry wasnt running because of the rain. But suppose you know that, as we were waiting for you.
We are busy settling in, signed the lease for a house. Not far from Spriggs, and the newest Runway 37 franchise installation will follow shortly. There will always be a open bed for you if you get stuck with unserviceable ex crown equipment out here. Or if you just want to hop in for a visit, your other "mater" that gave you the call when we were at Lungi will be here end of the month to replace me. Give him a call in SA he needs a bit of support. If you need the number, drop me a line I have it.

Gunship
12th Sep 2004, 08:05
Ja sorry mate that day was a nightmare with the rain :sad:

I would appreciate it if you keep a bed open !

Please send me your mobile numbers and also Jay Cee's please in SA - let me give him a call :D

Tace care out there bru and watch out for the storms !

Gunssss

PS C3000: Have you found what you where looking for ?

c3000
13th Sep 2004, 01:17
Well yes ..... sort of.

One of our mechanics is a "Trusty RUS-ky" and seems to know everyone out at RIA; apparently the crew is at Mamba Point.

As flight attendants we often get a bit more sleep and meet the aircraft at Spriggs and thus do not get a chance to even see the 727 or her crew. Maybe one day!

Have seen the Beech a few times at Spriggs, Zwedru, Voinjama, etc. but never met the crew. Bit too shy to walk to a plane and say "hey are you on PPRUNE?"

Marshall

Gunship
13th Sep 2004, 07:35
c3000,

It's easy mate.

Just look fo rthe largest guy around in stature ... brush cut (if still aplicable) and you will find the gorilla (with a small heart) called the contracted dog :E

PS: I have a photo to place but all the beers obscures the photo - renders it useless ;)