PDA

View Full Version : Taca buys four more Airbuses

latinaviation
7th Sep 2004, 18:56
Good news for Taca, acquiring one A-319, three A-320s. I think Taca meant to release this on September 9, per the release I received, but instead sent it on 9/7.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompanyNewsArticle.jhtml?duid=mtfh02380_2004-09-06_23-38-22_n06540076_newsml

Squawk7777
8th Sep 2004, 02:47
I ran across a weird picture on the net the other day. It was an Airbus in TACA colours but it read TACA Cubana. Was that a joke?

If I remember correctly, most of TACA's Airbuses I have seen in MEX are registered N or EI (Ireland), so I guees they are leased(not that it really matters). :rolleyes:

7 7 7 7

Panama Jack
8th Sep 2004, 10:34
TACA wet leases to Cubana. I used to see these aircraft from time to time in CYUL and you had to wait to get see it close up to figure out whether it was Cubana or whether it was TACA. Cubana has been wet leasing from various companies over the last few years-- there is a picture of the French AOM (Cubana) DC-10 that ran off the end of the runway, and down the ravine into houses, in MGGT. Then there was the Irish Trans Aero that wet leased A-320's to Cubana for a while.

latinaviation
8th Sep 2004, 11:54
Taca, for a very short time, did operate a regional subsidiary in Cuba with Caravan's. I think it ran under Sansa'a license. Federico Bloch had a penchant for Cuba the DR, two countries he loved to visit, but it never commercially worked out.