PDA

View Full Version : Rockhopper expansion

baby hormones
7th Sep 2004, 10:29
Hi,

Heard from a mate of mine that rockhopper are looking at going turbine for expansion. Just seems a bit odd as I not sure you can get anything in to ALD other than a twotter.
Would be interesting to know if anyone has any info.

Cheers

Hormones

J-Guy
7th Sep 2004, 11:09
That would be very likely since Rockhopper have signalled expansion on to further UK routes. In June a Guernsey based company called Healthspan made a considerable investment into the airline to help with possible expansion. Basically Healthspan have moved into the tourism trade and own a number of hotels in the Channel Islands. Rockhopper will complement this by offering easy travel for customers from a number of UK regional airports.

The Trislanders/Islanders will stay on inter-island services whereas any larger aircraft will operate to the UK destinations.

There is an article on the link below explaining more:
http://www.rockhopper.aero/pressrelease-060604.htm

kirstys_little_man
7th Sep 2004, 23:37
Don't Rockhopper offer a daily scheduled flight into Shoreham with an Islander?

I believe this is the airports only scheduled passenger flight

KLM

surely not
8th Sep 2004, 08:47
The Trislander definitely comes into Shoreham, and I think the Islander has been as well.

kirstys_little_man
8th Sep 2004, 09:50
The Trislander definitely comes into Shoreham, and I think the Islander has been as well.

Or as Rockhopper call it, Brighton City airport.

KLM

surely not
8th Sep 2004, 16:38
Or as the airport website calls it 'Shoreham (Brighton City) Airport'

However it is good that after a few years when Brighton, Hove and Worthing Councils have tried to disown the airport they are at last giving it some credibility.

flaxman
11th Sep 2004, 11:32
Don't Rockhopper offer a daily scheduled flight into Shoreham with an Islander? I believe this is the airports only scheduled passenger flight

Shoreham now has 2 scheduled operators; Rockhopper from Alderney, and the home based Euro Exec (http://www.euroexec.com)

FLYboh
11th Sep 2004, 11:39
Aurigny announced this week that they're withdrawing their Jersey to Alderney service and Jersey to Dinard service with effect from 04/10/04. They blame airport costs and competition on the routes.

Rockhopper have said they will increase their schedule on the Alderney and St. Brieuc routes. They will be taking on additional staff as well. Source www.thisisguernsey.co.uk

Seems ironic to me that Aurigny are using the competition argument against Rockhopper when it was them who forced Rockhopper into a major reduction on the BOH to Jersey and Guernsey routes.