PDA

View Full Version : Continental in regions

Daza
7th Sep 2004, 09:32
I hope it is continental who commence service they are really commited to the UK regions they recently doubled there flights from BHX-EWR. There will be 12 flights per week in the winter returning to double daily next summer good luck to new BRS service.
Daza

aeulad
7th Sep 2004, 10:08
I would think that there must be demand for flights from Newcastle, Belfast, Stansted, Luton and East Midlands to EWR with CO.

CO are obviously impressed with the EDI and double BHX results.

Regards

Mike

sparkymarky
7th Sep 2004, 10:54
Even if they have been forced into it by the Bermuda II agreement, Continental have come up with a very nice strategy - which happens to benefit the British regions.

I guess you could call it a 'reverse hub'. Instead of shorthauling passengers to London then shipping them out to the States, they are longhauling them to EWR and onwards to the rest of the USA.

The consequence of this being lots of direct flights to one of the world's greatest cities direct from many British regions.

wobblyprop
7th Sep 2004, 14:17
Continental did run a service from Stansted. The only problem it seemed to suffer from was a lack of advertising.

For anyone living in east-anglia it would be more convenient than having to get round to heathrow or gatwick. Still, I have no idea how many people want to travel to america living in the region.

Joe Curry
7th Sep 2004, 14:27
CO are obviously impressed with the EDI and double BHX results.

The EDI service seems to have benefitted from the MCO
connection ? - there are of course no Florida charters from
that airport. :eek:

terrier21
7th Sep 2004, 14:36
wobblyprop
At least 100,000 a year want to travel from BRS to EWR and thats only the ones approached. 375,00 want the return EWR to BRS.