PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Flight Scam

MBJ
6th Sep 2004, 12:17
posted in Rotorheads 3rd September 2004 14:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ferry Flight Scam

A word of warning about a current scam..

A bloke called "George Schleper" based in Greece arranges with a UK company for a pilot to ferry a Bell 206 from Athens to UK. A false note of transfer of funds is faxed late on a Friday to cover the cost of the airline ticket and expenses.

On arrival the pilot is then asked for the expenses cash to convert into Euros whereupon the bloke is never seen again. He is doing it for relative peanuts but it has worked at least once.

He purports to work for Carnegie Shipping, gives out a fax number, uses a mobile phone and offers to pay the pilot's charges in cash on arrival in Greece.

Having asked him last Thursday for a sight of the CofA and CofR relating to the aircraft registration "VP-SUX" he seems to have suffered a total comms failure!

...BUT today called me again!!

Special Branch at Biggin Hill are interested if anyone has any further info.

He has done this to fixed-wing people as well:*

Frodo Baggins
6th Sep 2004, 19:59
I remember reading a previous post about the fixed wing version of this scam a little while back.

Having not directly been involved in proceedings myself I still find it a little strange that after quite a few goes at this the Authorities still haven't managed to get this guy!

Surely it's time the boys went in to get him! :)

Teddy Robinson
23rd Sep 2004, 11:52
Gents,

please see lastest thread in rumours and news.
Information has to be pooled, and made available to the authorities.
Clearly this individual is targeting the aviation community.