PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar grounding

MkVIII
6th Sep 2004, 11:42
I breifly saw the news reports about 2 J* a/c being grounded in Sydney for mechanical reasons. Does anyone know what for? Were they 717's or A320's?

I noted 3 J* flights into YBMC this morning, one being a QANTAS 737 obviously replacing one of the J* aircraft.

What gives? Will J*'s growing pains ever cease? :ok:

rescue 1
6th Sep 2004, 20:10
one being a QANTAS 737 ...

I wonder if the "separate" company Jetstar paid the going rate for a B737 wet lease?

If not, surely this would give rise to Corrigan and his mates in launching yet another anti-competitive match plan.

rmm
6th Sep 2004, 22:38
An A320 was rammed by a baggage loader at AVV on Saturday. It was due to be flying again late Monday.

Rmm

HGW
7th Sep 2004, 10:29
I have heard it was an A320 only two weeks old which received serious damage and will be out of service for around a month.

CaptainToBe
7th Sep 2004, 11:15
A mate of mine works for Jetstar, said the baggage handler ran into the side and "crimpled" (his words) the fuselage. Aparently some serious damage, and the aircraft is only 2 weeks old!

bugger

Obie
7th Sep 2004, 11:52
Ah! yes...finding good staff has always been hard!

itchybum
7th Sep 2004, 12:57
In the good old Two Airline days the baggage snatcher would've immediately "gone sick" and caught a cab home, at company expense, to hide.

The union would've called a stop-work meeting to forestall any wise ideas the company might've had about sacking the moron who drove straight into the side of a big white airplane (Presuming that's how it happened for the sake of indulging my cynicism).

The baggy would've come back to work after a week or so of "stress leave" and been placed on "light duties".

virgindriver
7th Sep 2004, 22:37
Bit of a spate of these lately- heard that a Skippy A330 had a bingle with a ground service vehicle on Saturday morning in Brisbane. Back in the air that afternoon though. Maybe the same driver....;)

chockchucker
8th Sep 2004, 08:44
The Aircraft concerned was parked outside hangar 4 at Avalon whilst repairs were made (by forstaff sheeties, no Jetstar/ impulse engineers on the scene until depature time) until departure/ferry flight to Sydney at around 5pm yesterday (Tues).

Good thing that this incident didn't occur at a port with a little less maintenance facilities nearby i.e. Hamilton Island or Tassie!

woftam
8th Sep 2004, 08:50
It will be interesting to see the paint "repair".

Ultralights
8th Sep 2004, 09:42
I wonder if a adequatly trained bag basher would have done the same?

Binoculars
8th Sep 2004, 12:16
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys, Ultralights.

Hamilton Island? Ask one of the Sunstate DH8 pilots from a few weeks ago about somebody driving a golf buggy into their prop. :uhoh:

Ultralights
9th Sep 2004, 08:56
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys, Ultralights.

hahaahahah the memories! marching around the domestic terminal at Sydney.