PDA

View Full Version : Royal Jet - Worth Applying To?

LVL CHG
6th Sep 2004, 01:39
Yes, I have read the previous posts about Royal Jet. I noted the negativity and the serious issues discussed - I am familiar with a number of the negative stories... However, I have read recently that Royal Jet is adding extra aircraft including a new BBJ recently - and I think some Challenger 300s. So, can anyone answer the following:

1. Is a type rating (737, GIV or Challenger 300) necessary to be considered?

2. Must all crews live in the Middle East or can you also be based in Europe (I believe Jet Aviation had positions which were based in Europe but flew out of the ME)?

3. Is Royal Jet more "stable" now than it was in the past? I have heard about the problems related to lack of wage payment on time...

4. If you had the opportunity would you give it a go?

Cheers

Bumz_Rush
7th Sep 2004, 12:24
I beleived that Royal Jet was one of the good guys...have I missed something....
Now if we were talking Bexair.......Bumz

JoeCo
10th Sep 2004, 09:34
I was going to say, I don't remember reading any negative posts about Royal Jets. Come to think of it, are there any posts regarding Royal Jets????

Gravox
14th Sep 2004, 05:43
What registation do the corporate jets operate on out of the middle east? I don't have a JAA/R licence, is this a problem in the midle east?

Cheers

Will Rogers
15th Sep 2004, 09:17
The Royal Jet aircraft are on the A6-registry (U.A.E.) and it is my understanding that the GCAA in the U.A.E. will validate most licenses for a brief period. Not having a JAR-license is not a problem (there are many "non-Europeans" in the region).

Upon completing the U.A.E. air law exam and medical you will be issued with a "full" U.A.E. license.

Cheers,

Will :)

Aslak
15th Oct 2004, 08:36
I believe that the type rating is not required.

They hire all new guys as a F/Os and they go to any of the aircraft, whereever needed. You then get seniority number and you advance from there.
I might be wrong, however;)

josephshankes
15th Oct 2004, 21:43
Sounds interesting.

Any kind one have an email address for applications?

Would be appreciated.

FLEXJET
16th Oct 2004, 17:26
ROYAL JET
Human Resources
P O Box 60666
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Fax: +971 2 5757602
[email protected]

http://www.royaljetgroup.com (Web site)

josephshankes
18th Oct 2004, 16:26