PDA

View Full Version : Arrest that man!

Fg Off Max Stout
5th Sep 2004, 20:38
Check out these links:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4783&item=5517490947
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mcl870&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
Does anybody else think that this guy needs a visit from PNSS? If you all think this is legit then I'll start auctioning the government property supplied with public money for official use, from my Flt Planning room. Also the high bidder needs to take a long hard look at himself. At last count £10.50 for an FIH. Barking.

Stout

5 Forward 6 Back
5th Sep 2004, 21:14
Hey, he's based in Yorkshire. Seeing as I'm also based at a Yorkshire airbase, and he's selling Tutor FRCs, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out where and what he is.

Shall I give the underworked plod here something to do on Monday morning...? :)

Scud-U-Like
5th Sep 2004, 21:21
The flight publications can be bought legitimately, so you'd have a job proving they were nicked:

http://www.aidu.mod.uk/

As for the rest, he's probably worth a visit.

mr ripley
5th Sep 2004, 22:09
After a little surfing it seems that this person has sold:
4 x Grob FRCs for £14.35, £11.08, £10.50, £6.50
2 x BINA for £5, £5
2 x sets of ERCs for £3.70, £3.00

Is also selling the Grob FRCs and FIH mentioned plus:
another BINA
a EUMED
2 x aircrew rollnecks
and a pair of Prada jeans?

FJJP
6th Sep 2004, 06:22
Sounds like a student with a little racket going on on the side. The FIH, etc, are all avail to the public to buy from AIDU [up to date versions]. However, even though the green jerseys are scrapped at the end [and you generally get to keep them] they always remain public property.

This guy [or gal] should be quietly taken to one side and have the facts of life gently pointed out - then end of story - good idea, badly thought out...

Biggus
6th Sep 2004, 07:44
I am sure he will be caught in the near future. He is not even original!! There have been other previous examples of the computer literate 'youff' of today making some money on the side by selling publications as they go through flying training. Perhaps he got the idea from seeing one of their e-bay sites!

Needless to say they are inevitably caught. The only bad news is that they are usually just reprimanded rather than thrown out of the RAF!!! No doubt due to pressure on recruiting numbers. Still, as we are making cuts in the RAF, might I suggest they be removed to give more deserving candidates a chance to serve!!

stillin1
6th Sep 2004, 08:35
How do we find this little tw@t? This is simply theft. Get rid of the plonka:mad:

scroggs
6th Sep 2004, 09:07
Simple; you offer to buy something and arrange to meet for money to change hands - and for the handcuffs to be placed on the unsuspecting little chav's delicate wrists.

thejazzman
6th Sep 2004, 11:24
odds on its a UAS student...
and if they are selling the equipment provided one would hope that they have either left their squadron with no desire to fly military hardware anymore or, more likely, have been chopped due to an insufficient ability to fly - and are now persuing a some what dubious "Trotteresque" career.
Lets just hope whoever it is isn't currently, or won't ever be, an "honest" full time memeber of HM services!

JessTheDog
6th Sep 2004, 11:40
I don't particularly care about surplus kit - it gets chucked anyway and there are many thriving army surplus stores on the high street. However, it shows extremely poor judgement (and airmanship, potential or actual) to be flogging air publications that may be time expired. Yes, caveat emptor applies, but this is a vary bad example to set from a supposedly professional service.

The Beakster
6th Sep 2004, 11:47
Think I might know the guy in question - my UAS boss had a 'chat' with one of our studes yesterday. Apparently, he'd sold some of his UAS kit after deciding to leave the sqn. Apparently, he agreed to return the stuff. Shame, as my one and only green tshirt is now rather shabby and could do with a new one!

Tim Inder
6th Sep 2004, 13:03
Looks like you're right, Beakster. The items have been "withdrawn from sale"...

Mr C Hinecap
6th Sep 2004, 13:29
I did also leave a little note for the chap through ebay. Informed him a little of what view the Services take on the improper disposal of Crown property.:E

joe2812
6th Sep 2004, 13:43
Tut, some people will do anything to make a few quid...

http://pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142012&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

BigGrecian
6th Sep 2004, 17:05
He/She is not the only one to sell such items on Ebay. There have been auctions in the past "as used by real fast jet aircrew during Op Telic" and even mentioned Treble One Squadron in the item description. So singling out a UAS/DE student is a bit unfair as it has happened in the past, with items such as Green Brains! Its amazing what some people will buy!

santiago15
6th Sep 2004, 17:11
It gets better. Go to:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mcl870

Have a look at his feedback and click on the item numbers. This guy has sold a fair few documents. If you look at:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4783&item=5511793448

You'll find ERCs for sale "This auction is for the En-Route high altitude chart covering all UK airspace - an ideal reference. Other parts of the world and altitudes are available - please ask."

Dead right others are available. The little scrote must have been stealing them to order from flt planning!

BigGrecian
6th Sep 2004, 17:14
Well I assume you've read the thread with the following link in it:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5515548596
:p

Fg Off Max Stout
6th Sep 2004, 17:35
This chappy's recent sales (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mcl870&item=-1&frompage=222) (Click the links on the right).

Selling on old used kit that you have finished with is one thing (which in my opinion is out of line if there is any classified material in there or if it was kit that needs to be returned). What this chap appears to be doing is simply, being issued with FRCs and clothing or emptying Flt Planning of FLIPs with the sole intention of selling them. Most of the stuff is described as still in the packaging and unused, and there are several repeated items (4xTutor FRCs, 3xBINA, 2xset of ERCs). I don't think he's buying them from AIDU to sell on. This looks like a little business, and as a previous respondent said - is simply theft. It particularly grips me as 2 months into the now 1 year life of an FIH, can you get hold of one - can you f***.

Anyway, one set of aircrew long johns, one gentleman owner, green, 1996, elastic gone, shiny arse, out of shape, mysterious stains and continental aroma. As used by a real pilot. Who will start the bidding at £15.00?

Molesworth Hold
6th Sep 2004, 17:38
He is guilty of a far greater sin, gouging people on the postage. Check the postage for each item.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67587&item=2262337288 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67587&item=2263396577

This is quite funny
http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net/lj/song_for_you.htm

Obs cop
6th Sep 2004, 18:51
If he/she is still selling stuff then he shouldn't be for long as I reported my "concerns" to Ebay a few days ago. As far as I was aware, Grob Frc's ain't for sale to the public unlike the BINAs and therefore would class as being stolen.

Nice idea though, shame it isn't quite legit.

Obs cop

airborne_artist
6th Sep 2004, 19:13
A quick tot up of HMG's items he's sold comes to ~£60.

If he was one of mine I'd have "suggested" he made a "donation" of the same amount to RAFA, unless he wanted a no coffee chat with Plod.

Beakster, do you have any influence in this, perhaps?

jayteeto
6th Sep 2004, 20:05
The tutor FRCs were replaced in toto last year, so odds on they are old sets that we were told to bin

tonka
6th Sep 2004, 22:01
Guys

This lad is filling his pants. I tipped him off that his entrepreneurial activites had attracted some attention and he sent me this, which he has asked me to post.

"I left my UAS in the summer, and had lots of old publications and gash kit left over, even though I handed back everything they officially issued to me.

Didn't want to upset anyone or cause any harm, so withdrew all items from eBay and gave them to a friend still on the Squadron to return. Really am sorry if I've offended anyone or created any trouble. Have closed the eBay account and will refrain from such activity in the future.

Was honestly just trying to clear the stuff I'd accumulated and not handed back. I advertised it as 'current' or brand new to help sell it, but in reality most of it was out of date - hadn't flown properly since jan.

Once again, thanks for brining the matter to my attention. My Sqn boss is aware of the situation and is looking in to possible courses of action; apparently a donation to the RAF Benevolent Fund may be in order."

Perhaps cut him some slack?

:ok:

StopStart
6th Sep 2004, 22:22
No.
Sorry.
For this most heinous of crimes.....death can be the only answer.

Lighten up guys, so he's a chimp and sold a few bits of issue tat on the internet, big deal. If they're bothered, the Feds'll track him down and clap him in irons - not sure it needs a Pprune witch-hunt though.

To be honest, I feel sorrier for the Captain of Flt Sim Airways 01, halfway across the virtual Atlantic in his virtual 777, wearing his green roll neck, who has just discovered that his BINA is in fact out of date and as a result he and his virtual passengers now face certain virtual death......virtually...

The Beakster
6th Sep 2004, 22:40
Yeah,

Definitely the guy I thought. He returned the stuff to the Sqn, daft thing is, was all well out of date - some of the charts were 2 years old. He had apparently taken photos / descriptions from other ebay sales as he had none to use. Can't believe some spotters actually bought this stuff - it was junk!

Boss apparently gave him a severe talking to. A donation was made to RAFA or something, apparently left him well out of pocket which I found hilarious!

The guy's no master criminal though, just a geography student who couldn't fly! As far as I know, feds are aware!

Alls well that ends well really. Does anyone need a pair of stinky aircrew socks?

Think the guy has enough to deal with now, and I've probably said more than I should.

The Beakster
6th Sep 2004, 23:37
Yeah,

Definitely the guy I thought. He returned the stuff to the Sqn, daft thing is, was all well out of date - some of the charts were 2 years old. He had apparently taken photos / descriptions from other ebay sales as he had none to use. Can't believe some spotters actually bought this stuff - it was junk!

Boss apparently gave him a severe talking to. A donation was made to RAFA or something, apparently left him well out of pocket which I found hilarious!

The guy's no master criminal though, just a geography student who couldn't fly! As far as I know, feds are aware!

Alls well that ends well really. Does anyone need a pair of stinky aircrew socks?

Think the guy has enough to deal with now, and I've probably said more than I should.

Oggin Aviator
7th Sep 2004, 06:24
Is there an echo in here :confused:

airborne_artist
7th Sep 2004, 07:31
Great thread - given us old f*rts plenty of "youf of today ammunition", and kept us away from Countdown.

Gainesy
7th Sep 2004, 07:47
I'm just amazed that people will buy such triv.

I think I'll have a sort out of my attic full of rare aviation memorabilia (or " 'planes junk", as the Missus calls it).

1983 En Route Supplement with slight Kokinelli staining anyone?

StopStart
7th Sep 2004, 08:02
Careful now Gainsey, according to the Pprune Rules of Witchhuntery you would be guilty of:

a) Grand High Larceny/Sabotage in Her Majestys Dockyard (I forget which)

b) Questionable airmanship

c) Bringing the name of our Glorious Service into disrepute

and

d) Practicing witchcraft

All of these are punishable by death/extra Orderly Officers.

allan907
7th Sep 2004, 10:16
Justice has been done - and seen to be done. That's one callow yoof who may have grown up awfully quickly.

The baying of hounds and outraged old farts (surprised that Flatus Veteranus hasn't contributed) has served its purpose though in that many other yoofs and wannabees presumably read this forum and may have heeded the lesson before they tread the long road to Wormwood Scrubs!

Gainesy
7th Sep 2004, 11:46
Hmm...better keep schtum about the Bofors then.:uhoh:

TheBeeKeeper
7th Sep 2004, 12:39
Not sure who is more guilty? The guy who was selling the stuff on eBay, or the muppet that was obviously plugging in searches for Tutor FRCs and the like, in order to bring it to the attention of the collected PPruNe crouds. Not the sort of stuff you just stumble across surely?

TheBeeKeeper

airborne_artist
7th Sep 2004, 13:18
Beekeeper

These were listed in Collectables > Militaria - no need to be looking specifically for Tutor related kit.

TheBeeKeeper
7th Sep 2004, 13:39
airborne_artist

Fair cop guv! Was just really venting frustration because it's lovely and sunny outside, but gusting 26kts, no flying for me!

Grrrr

TheBeeKeeper

Tonkenna
7th Sep 2004, 15:02
I guess this thread explains why students were always losing their FRCs:hmm:

BK lovely and sunny outside, but gusting 26kts, no flying for me! Lucky you. Its cold wet and windy with snow and low cloud here. However, this thread has kept me entertained for the last couple of days:)

Tonks

thejazzman
7th Sep 2004, 15:04
at least you have an aircraft to go flying in BeeKeeper....!

airborne_artist
7th Sep 2004, 15:42
Perfect GA weather here at EGUB this afternoon BK - perhaps 10 kts at about 045

StopStart
7th Sep 2004, 16:26
Ahhhhh......from witchhunt to weather in one easy leap....excellent

Well, it's a breezy 040 at 17kts here. Apparently. Word of warning though: the PAPIS on 18/36 are, as always, unreliable.

TheBeeKeeper
8th Sep 2004, 07:48
StopStart

Would probably need 3/4 power to maintain 3 degree glide! Seems calmer today, might go and fly this evening, anyone near Bedfordshire wanna fly al fresco?

BK

BEagle
8th Sep 2004, 20:39
Nope - not just because HM's biros were $hite and I could actually afford to buy batteries myself, but because there is a thing called personal integrity.

Sadly lacking in some....

Tonkenna
8th Sep 2004, 20:48
Here here BEagle.

It was often a struggle to get enough FRCs and things for the students, and anyway, they only got issued one set and not the several that appear to have been sold. Anyway, it seems that justice has been done;)

Tonks

BEagle
8th Sep 2004, 20:50
Tonks - are you in the sun-soaked Islas Malvinas again......??? How's ATC these days...:E :E

EESDL
9th Sep 2004, 12:41
No need to take Biros home, matey boy.......have a huge bucket still full from 'Routing' it up large.

Tonkenna
9th Sep 2004, 17:24
Hi BEagle,

Yes, and it is snowing. ATC is fine, but not as good as it used to be... ;)

Tonks :)

tmmorris
9th Sep 2004, 19:56
Sorry - just caught up with this thread - but are you sure that the UAS story is kosher? I ask because... I actually bought one of his items, and couldn't get hold of him to post it to me. When I finally rang him on his mobile he said he was in Kosovo on active service. Either he's a Walter Mitty type or he's not a UAS cadet at all... certainly there were helicopters very loudly in the background, and the ringing tone on the phone was not a UK one. And he did offer to 'source' any further items I might be looking for - which he couldn't do if he was now ex-RAF. Of course, I do have a name and address.

Just a thought...

PM me if interested in further details and officially involved.

Tim

StopStart
9th Sep 2004, 22:22
......splitter.........

The Beakster
10th Sep 2004, 20:11
That's hilarious!!!!!

Bet they selected him because of his previous tours in Nam, Siagon and Cambodia - but didn't contact him sooner because he'd been deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan!

Wasn't towards the back end of august was it,? because I know for a fact the guy was doing active duty on a Club 18-30 holiday in Ibiza! Seriously, one of my house mates went with him!

This is gold - must circulate to the squadron!

-------------------------------

tmmorris: Thanks for PM back, glad to see we are talking about the same guy. :D :D

fuzzyjimbo
11th Sep 2004, 10:07
I work in Sy Sqn at a certain station in the North. I can confirm (totally unofficially of course! ;) ) that we did here about this and that an individual connected to the RAF was found to be responsible.

Word to the wise though (Beakster), if you start handing out this guys details on the internet, you could find yourself in more trouble than he is ;-) Just so you know.

supert300
10th Oct 2004, 10:02
Somebody is at it again! Yet more FIH, BINA, and Minor Aerodromes for sale! No wonder you can't get any of these pubs from flight planning when you need them! Another UAS stude perhaps?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2979&item=5524400135&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2979&item=5524402373&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2979&item=5524402608&rd=1

Regards,

ST300

StopStart
10th Oct 2004, 10:34
And another logbook. And some flying gloves.

:rolleyes:

supert300
10th Oct 2004, 10:41
Next time there is a war maybe the MOD should look on eBay for its supplies, that way it would probably cheaper, and the troops might actually get the kit they need!

BEagle
10th Oct 2004, 10:48
chutley ferret, don't be so puerile!

This little scrote is trying to sell all maner of government kit, including hexamine stoves, flying gloves, AIDU publications...

Perhaps the civil bill will be interested in the source of the 15 or so pay-as-you-go O2 SIM cards he's also flogging.

One trusts that HM's Plod will do some delving?

Fg Off Max Stout
10th Oct 2004, 11:44
I've just about calmed down from the previous little scrote's business escapades. This really pisses me off. Currently, there isn't a single UKL1 on station and I know of colleagues who nearly drove to another station 40 miles away to try to get some for an IRT. To then find little spivs selling flips for profit really irritates me.

Anyone who steals from their employer or potential employer for profit has no place in the organisation. Chutley - you're a dick.

Anyway, I still have those long johns for sale. I can throw in some as used in Iraq socks as well.

airborne_artist
10th Oct 2004, 12:09
Perhaps the civil bill will be interested in the source of the 15 or so pay-as-you-go O2 SIM cards he's also flogging.

From time to time 02 gives these out for free, with no poatage charge (business must be slow) - and it has been possible to order 5 at a time (my daughter did, for one) - he may well have taken advantage of such an offer. There's no re-sale ban on them, as far as I know.

Molesworth Hold
10th Oct 2004, 12:10
If you search around Ebay using the appropriate key words you will find quite a selection of kit. I wouldn’t like to meet the owner of these on a dark night.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42382&item=2275011108&rd=1

BEagle
10th Oct 2004, 12:33
HM Plod should search e-bay under 'Aircrew' or 'RAF Officer'. Lots of highly dubious items coming to light....

Mark you, there's some fun to be had. The person who's trying to flog a Vulcan CG slipstick is also trying to sell his collection of dirty books, sorry, 'adult fiction' - but the best has got to be:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56301&item=5924435319

Should have a few post-Pink Wednesday types getting excited!

Anyone find anything even more amusing?

BEagle
10th Oct 2004, 12:52
Searched under 'RAF Officer', Jenvers!

5ft 11, size 14 with size 9 shoes? One of the more petite WRAFs then!

"Suit you, Sir!" "Ooh, yes, Sir. The ladies like a uniform, Sir. They do!"

OK - you win! Yours is the best so far!!

Lionel Lion
10th Oct 2004, 15:50
Obviously the WRAF officer had a long career....Fg Off with a nice hat hardly worn. Couldn't have been a blunty or stacker either because everybody seems happy with her swift business.:D

Fg Off Max Stout
10th Oct 2004, 16:48
Ok Chuts,

Apologies for my comment but I don't think the snowdrops deserved yours. If you give it out, expect to get some back. At least we now know banter is a one way thing for you.

you can throw all the insults you want to- safe in the knowledge that I don't know who you are or where you live

If we were face to face and you said Thanks for the advive, FILTH. Why don't you go and find some out of date tax disks/car passes or Anyway, back to the filth. Have you found any out of date car passes, or haven't you finished your box of donuts yet. How I love those coppers. I would still tell you that you were out of order, whatever flavour of "FILTH" you were referring to, snowdrop, redcap, provost, modplod, or old bill.

BTW, I'm not police, just aircrew p1ssed of by not being able to get hold of docs.

supert300
10th Oct 2004, 18:08
Anybody any idea who this person is yet?

BEagle
10th Oct 2004, 20:13
Hopefully HM Plod will PM you and you'll be able to provide them with the relevant information, Mike.

This scrote needs a tug!

Av18tor
11th Oct 2004, 12:02
I have the address. phone number and name of the man on the top of page two of this thread....

I know someone who has had dealings with him in the past.

If anyone wants to pm me with who needs the details or who is dealing with it, (ie old bil, snowdrops, P&SS etc) I will make contact with them...

foldingwings
12th Oct 2004, 12:21
Who is this child? Grow up, Chutley!

Flatus Veteranus
13th Oct 2004, 19:11
Its very easy to take a censorious line on this great crime. The young man involved deserves a smart kick up the bum. But to get too heavy on minor transgressions encourages the equippers to become even more obsessive and neurotic in their war against minor depredations of HM stores. When the RAF brought out their first computerised stores management system in the 1960's they showed it off with great pride to some industrial magnates. The wheel from ICI expressed his admiration but said that if his company were to spend so much on accounting for so little it would go belly-up.

Our salad days on squadrons were marred by the contortions we put ourselves through to square the inventories which we were made to hold - many of which had nothing to do with our primary duty. At Middleton in the '50s I exercised my officer-like function by being i/c a barrack block, which involved holding the inventory for all the stores therein - including bedding. In the general turbulence during National Service , it was impossible to keep track of it all. Blokes used to arrive and leave at all times of the day and night when I was otherwise engaged teaching chaps to fly Meatboxes. On posting I found I was a few mattresses up and quite a few more pillows down and the equipper was most unsympathetic and proposed to charge me a tidy sum. So a lady friend in quarters kindly cut up the surplus mattresses and salvaged the ticking to make up the required number of pillows. There was a deficiency of stuffing so we got some chicken feathers from a local farm. I hope the erks did not scratch too much!

On 208 I volunteered to hold the aircraft inventory - a soft number because even I could check 18 airframes and 36 engines when I walked into the hangar every morning. But at some stage the sytem was changed and no one told me. Replacement aircraft were ferried into Abu Sueir from UK with all the safety equiment, radios and some instruments on a transit inventory. All this ancilliary gear was supposed to be moved on to other inventories - but it was not. Consequently on posting when my inventory was made up I was supposed to have all sorts of V&A items like Clocks 8 Day Fluorescent Mk 4. A quick tour of the aircraft revealed gaping holes in the appropriate positions on several instrument panels. Luckily the First Aid kits were intact because they contained morphine. It took me weeks (and much help gratefully received from RNAS Hal Far who did not wear such a hair shirt about stores) to put together some sufficently convincing wreckage of a few clocks to have them written off without a Unit Inquiry. A Cat 5 was the best way of squaring off inventories. The Wg Cdr Admin at Abu Sueir borrowed a Meatbox for a week end and ran it out of gas in a Kamseen near Tunis. He found a road to put it down on but at some point there were high embankments on both sides, which whipped his outer wings off. The B o I were told that, amongst other items, there were six typewriters in the radio compartment!

I retired from MOD not having been in an aircraft for nearly ten years. I took my Flying Clothing Card (Vols 1-3) together with my aircrew wristwatch, sunglasses and personal first aid kit to the equippers and asked them to write off the rest. "Oh No!" they said. "You will have to do better that that!"

"Do you really want me to scratch around looking for smelly old socks and flying suits, and long johns that have not been worn for 10 years? What are you going to do with them - reissue them?"

"No, but we need enough returns to satisfy our bosses that blokes are not flogging their kit off"

So, I poked around in my attic and found a kit-bag full of grots which I solemnly lugged up to London and handed in. Of course it was all trashed immediately. The other services do not wear that sort of hair shirt.

PS. At least in the Canal Zone (for which I have just eceived another clasp for my GSM!) I had the sense not to sign out a .38 on my flying clothing card. Loss of a firearm was an instant Court Martial, and rightly so. So I bought a serviceable Luger 9mm in the souks at Amman. Damn sight more accurate than the Enfield, and took Sten ammo. You had to keep the action and the magasine transports spotless and well oiled in the desert environment.

VP959
13th Oct 2004, 20:22
FV, I had the reverse experience. On completion of my final flying post a few years ago I went to hand in a pile of assorted, fairly dubious looking flying clothing, including well-used long johns, wrist watch etc, only to be asked if I wanted to keep any of it because it would all be written off!

Of course, the thought never crossed my mind to actually take up the kind storeman on his offer....................................

BEagle
13th Oct 2004, 20:46
Some 8 years after handing all my Gnat kit at Valley, 'they' told me that I was deficient of Qty 1 x Gnat g-suit and Qty 1 x Gnat oxygen mask. It escaped 'their' brain that HM had no Gnats left in service, hence even if I had such items, they were bugger all use to anyone else as they didn't fit any other RAF aeroplane.

But no, the system had to be satisfied. So a friendly flying clothing Ch Tech produced 2 equipment labels for me, each of which was lovingly enscribed with the long since defunct section ref number of the Gnat AEA which he'd managed to find in some dusty stores tome. He produced a rubber stamp labelled 'scrap', stamped the labels and solemnly handed them to me. I was then able to hand them over to the stores jobsworth in the next room who happily signed off my clothing card........

But funnier still was the tale which Joe l'Estrange once told me of the occasion when he finally decided to get rid of his ancient (even for him) Sidcot suit. The young kid in flying clothing took a fair bit of convincing that it really was flying clothing, not just a long dead and rather smelly teddy bear!

Gainesy
14th Oct 2004, 07:33
Flat.Vet. wrote:
The Wg Cdr Admin at Abu Sueir borrowed a Meatbox for a week

Neatly encapsulating what's wrong today?

RADAR Advisory
14th Oct 2004, 18:59
Just had a scan back through the previous comments and at the e-bay stock. Why is it that I can't get hold of a flying suit from stores to replace my falling apart ones. I know a load got called back as they were defective, and stocks are low, but if some toe-rag can get hold of one to flog for personal gain I think that deserves a little bit of a complaint. Hope the RAFP manage to slam this guy. Failure to do so does seem to present a rather poor example to other such people of moral manoeuvrability!

Never mind, I'll just go on whining until they get some more in stock . . . maybe I'll request a ground tour and crack out the Blues!

RA