PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream 31 suitability Uganda / DRC

skyfarmer
5th Sep 2004, 17:52
I need a bit of info/specs on the Jetstream 31....

Undercarriage type, suitability for dirt strips, tyre sizes, performance figures, field length requirements etc.

Is it a suitable, marginal or totally unsuitable for strips such as Kasese, Beni etc

Any one have any info? or can point me in the right direction

Cheers

Neil

George Tower
5th Sep 2004, 20:55
You might want to try contacting BAE Systems at Woodford where the J31/32 sim is situated. Have a friend who is a Type rating examiner there. They should be able to fill you in on performance specs etc although I'm not sure what first hand knowledge he has of African ops.

lowflare
7th Sep 2004, 20:25
Strictly personal, the 31 is underpowered. Hot and Hi performance forced BAE to spit out 32EP (stands for enhaced perf.) Massive ldg gear suitable to carry JS41. Not quite sure if it is certified for gravel/grass but JS41 operates from those in SA, I think.Basic info can be found on BAE Systems web page and contact with Woodford is good advice. Also you may find some info through BAE Sysytem Asset Mngmnt which can be contacted via main web page of BAE. If I can help PM as well, I used to fly it some time ago. I used to train in Woodford, a lot of good people over there.

skyfarmer
9th Sep 2004, 05:18
OK, thanks all

NP