PDA

View Full Version : IR Attempts?

south coast
5th Sep 2004, 16:20
Just a quick question please.

If you do your IR flight test and get a partial pass and then re-do the section you failed successfully, is that your second attempt?

Or is your second attempt at passing the IR if you completely fail it first time round and have to have another go.

Just because I am a little unsure for applications.

Thanks.

ecj
5th Sep 2004, 16:31
Your successful retake of the partial pass is your second attempt of series one.

So, you pass during series one of the IRT.

south coast
5th Sep 2004, 16:44
thanks ecj...

first time i have heard the series part of the answer, but that makes sense.

:ok:

macky
5th Sep 2004, 18:55
South Coast

If you fail your first attempt and don't skip to series two, then subsequently partial in series one you will have no oportunity to clear this partial and have to move onto series two starting from scratch !!:E

south coast
5th Sep 2004, 19:19
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

witchdoctor
6th Sep 2004, 15:42
The paperwork filled out by the examiner will state 'attempt 1', if you partial the test and successfully refly the failed portion.

Don't get too hung up on partials, they really aren't the end of the world and more common than you imagine. A bit like exam grades, nobody really cares (except the academics) as long as you passed the thing, and only a few establishments would ever realistically hold it against you. I for one wouldn't want to work for a company where too much emphasis is placed on paper results.