PDA

View Full Version : Cant access e mail

Kempus
5th Sep 2004, 09:51
Hi guys!

Having problems trying to access my email. I've downloaded almost every spywear programe you can get for nowt and they all worked fine till yesterday. Now even after i've run the spywear program whenever i try to access my email it jumps back to the hijacked page- about:blank

Happens all the time! Any ideas before i throw the computer out the window????

kempus :ugh:

amanoffewwords
5th Sep 2004, 10:30
You need to tweak the button on the left.

Or alternatively, you need to tell us more about your operating system, email program, ISP details etc etc.

Then we can make informed suggestions.

Charles

Kempus
5th Sep 2004, 11:06
DOH!

running windows xp with all the sp's and internet security updates. The ISP is throught telewest broadband but my desktop is run through a wireless router from a main desktop in another room which has the same dam problem! Again its running the same stuff.

I've run adwear se and it finds stuff which i delete, then run it again which then confirms all to be clear but when i open IE and try to go to my email which is yahoo, it gets hijacked again! but only when i enter my user name and password.

It however dosen't happen on the laptop i'm using, conected through the same router and can access my yahoo email no problem.

hmmmmmmmm? :confused:

oh, the router has a firewall and one system is using norton and the other norman virus scan.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
5th Sep 2004, 18:36
Kempus,

Download Hijack This! (http://www.thespykiller.co.uk) and post the log file here. Do NOT make any repairs. (Hijack This! pulls up everything, including programs that are supposed to be in your computer.)

Take Care,

Richard

Avtrician
6th Sep 2004, 07:26
Try searching for and running CWshredder, this usualy removes the home page hijack.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
6th Sep 2004, 16:53
Avtrician,

You can find CWshredder as one of the downloads in the link I posted above. ;)

Take Care,

Richard