PDA

View Full Version : Sorry chaps.

Woomera
5th Sep 2004, 05:36
Sorry chaps we've all been either doing the Fathers day routine, the Sunday morning fry up and papers, recalibrating the bedsprings :E or all three. :ok:

World'sWorst is taking a well earned break from the rigours of posting here, as will any one else who plays the man like that . :mad:

wessex19
6th Sep 2004, 02:53
Woomera, I was trying to figure out what "recalibrating the bedsprings" has to do with aviation however I have figured it out. Calibration of your "tools of the trade" is essential to safety!! If for example you were using those bed-springs for a precision approach and got too low on approach, there is every chance you could end up in the p#o!! :cool:

Woomera
6th Sep 2004, 03:15
Right glad are we to see that there is still a sense of humour, albeit "low" :rolleyes: around here. :}

Buster Hyman
6th Sep 2004, 03:48
I'm just glad that you didn't use "recalibrating the bedsprings" & "plays the man" in the same sentence!!!:uhoh:

Heatseeker
7th Sep 2004, 10:57
Sounds to me like the big W has a bit of mileage on him - and it is starting to show.

Let me help you through this
V1 is when you can give it away and go down to the pub for a few and reflect.

VR is when you have nowhere else to go but to go on. The rotate bit can get a bit tricky sometimes and jeez, don't it give you cramp.

V2 is that time when you can relax and focus on the TV on the beadhead and watch the rest of the match.

Ah, sweet memories but I wish I could remember what "positive rate of climb" used to mean.

Heat

Woomera
7th Sep 2004, 13:08
Heatseeker

Bwahahahahah, I should send this to JetBlast, but it's too much fun. :D

"positive rate of climb"

the time between when you come and she goes? :suspect:

or is it gnawing your arm off afterwards in case you wake her up when you need to go watch the Sevens on Foxtel in another timezone.:uhoh:

Milt
7th Sep 2004, 13:32
Wommera's controls have spring feel.

You should change to Q feel - oops .

Q = half rho v squared.

And then there is Vmca = Void minimum control after

Was it an aboriginee who sang
"Ohh my Woomera wouldn't come back"

And you must go and visit Mick Parer, superior ultralight pilot on his farm called "Winjeel" close to the Holbrook airfield.

A Woomera at Winjeel talking about Wirraways and Wapatis over a meal of Witchity grubs !!!