PDA

View Full Version : QR non rated

Falcon50driver
4th Sep 2004, 21:53
is QR doing any non rated hiring?How long does it take them to call you after submitting an app?I have looked all over PPRUNE havent found a straight answer.
Thanks

part_A_
5th Sep 2004, 11:36
Yes QR is hiring non type rated pilots BUT if I was You ill read the forum that was posted yesterday ....

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143614

Or

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141155

Then if you decide to go there then good luck .....

if you really want to join QR Check the requirements in Flight international ........
anyway the req. F/Os with Min. 2000 hrs with aleast 1000 on mid. or heavey jet
Capts 5000hrs with 1000 on mid. heavy jet

I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO READ THOSE FORUMS FIRST

:ok:

youn
6th Sep 2004, 14:26
Hi F50 driver.
I applied to QR 3 mpnyhs ago,I was told that they were inteviewing thre rated pilots,once they finish with rated pilots then they start with non rated,well 3 months now not a word!
Apparently the rated pilots keep coming in.
Also i heard that training dep.can not cope with big number of pilots,so the process is slowing down.

Any one out there with a better update?
:confused:

BANANASBANANAS
6th Sep 2004, 17:27
I applied to QR by email 2 weeks ago. I am non typed but have 10000 hours and 3000 wide body command. I received an email from them today asking if I would like an interview.

youn
12th Sep 2004, 03:11
Gongrats BB.
Please keep us posted while you progress with the interview.
But that was fast for nonrated to be called for interview with in 2 weeks.THat means ther are not so many rated applicants.
I hope that is the case!
So do they seem so desprate for piolts?
Any one with credible info about this matter,Please contirbute
:confused:

Hajj Man
12th Sep 2004, 11:16
Rated or Non-Type rated,

I use to think there was some sort of list, way of hiring, look at Qualified or non qualified guys/gals for the job but I have given up trying to see how the process is going these days.

Some pilots are rated on the airplane but have not flown in over 1 year, 2 years and they are getting (gotten) hired and considered TYPED GUYS. On the other hand we have some 737 guys joining and have no-type also. Where to decide if and how you are called is a real crap shot and it has nothing to do with your flight time, experience or anything, I just wish I could see the trend here and tell you who gets called first, second, third, etc etc etc.....................

If you were fired from another airline and have the type you will get the job here at QR, (YES IT HAS BEEN DONE SEVERAL TIMES HERE) you were a bad egg at your last airline, got fired and now you are in the left seat again here at QR.

WHY DON'T THE PILOTS ON THE INTERVIEW BOARD OR SELECTION COMMITTEE ASK PILOTS ALREADY WORKING AT QR WHO HAVE COME FROM THE SAME PREVIOUS AIRLINE AS THE GUY THEY ARE INTERVIEWING, WHAT IS HE LIKE, ETC ETC ETC.

Sure the guy already working here might be Bias towards the applicant. So ask a few pilots .............. I have seen pilots here from my previous airline that are now joining that were allegedly fired from their position at our previous airline and now I see here at QR walking around in Uniform.............. Amazing is all I can say.

So you apply and have to wait 2 weeks, 2 months, and a year. Then those who are hired as F/O or S/O, you will upgrade in 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, never, who knows what, when, why where and how it is all done.

It is all speculation and mystery (or is it misery) here at QR and I don't think ANYONE knows what is going on here. A much disorganized operation is what it appears to be looking from the outside. They might have a plan and how, when, where why and who comes and gets hired but it sure as hell does not follow an orderly pattern of any sort that I have ever seen.

HM:ok:

youn
17th Sep 2004, 04:19
HAJJ MAN,
Thanks for the info,you seem to be in the know.
Your post has explaind most of my queries.Iwould like to add,That a connection from within can do wonders.
Also to compliment your post ,I know 2 guys joined QR they were (bad eggs)as you put it in ther previous company,And now they are walking tall QR.