View Full Version : Corporate/VIP job interview etc

sweety
4th Sep 2004, 18:54
I have an interview with a VIP Charter Company coming up. It will be my first one of this kind so I need all the help I can get. What questions are they likely to ask? What are they looking for? How different is the job compared to "normal" airlines? (I have flown for over 3 years for charter airlines.) Can you have a life?

Please tell me everything - it's needed!

baby hormones
5th Sep 2004, 15:50
Hiya,

Sorry can't really help you to much as I am flightdeck not cabin crew, but I work for a Corporate charter. We have one hostess who flies for us and she loves it. She left a uk holiday charter after 6 years for corporate. Sometimes it's hard work, but you will get an awful lot of nite stops in nice places because our jets usually go away for 5 day trips around Europe usually(nightmere job ha ha) and you only seem to work half the month. I always say great part time job.
As far as social life goes, you are rostered unlike me who flies the air ambulance a lot were I dont really have one for a while. Just have to make sure that on your days off that you make up for it, usually ends up with a very bad hangover but hey there we are.
Sorry i can't help to much.

Regards

baby hormones

P.S wouldn't be a London based company you are going for would it?

flymeboy
5th Sep 2004, 16:27
That sounds like fun - where can I apply too!!!!!

Good luck sweety, I sure u will be fine!

FMB xxx

richterscale10
5th Sep 2004, 21:45
Hi sweety - dunno if its too late - but I have flown corporate, scheduled and charter over a number of years and I would say that they are all different and have their own pros and cons.
Corporate is very competitive but once you get in - you are in. You are expected to work hard and have a handle on everything regarding the aircraft....so if it takes all day to sort out the catering in the far reaches of the globe where they do not speak your language - and you don t speak theirs - so be it....its down to you. You will probably have some First Class experience and understand the complexities of protocol and will be expected to know what your passengers likes/dislikes/moods/secrets are without being told twice!
You might be the only c/crew on board - so expect to spend lots of time by yourself wherever you may find yourself...........sometimes its nice to get some 'space'.
Depending on the outfit you normally get something like 6 hard days off a month and 4 soft days (if they get hold of you on these days they can use you) - and the rest of the month you may be used or not - but will still be paid.
On the good side - you get to see the good side of life - go lots of different places - have time away down route - get a good salary and get known on the circuit.
I was stationed in NY when I was on the private jet and had four years of sheer privilege ...go for it and dont look back!!!!!

Good Luck

sweety
6th Sep 2004, 07:43
Thank you guys! I am really looking forward to my interview, although not hoping too much to get the job. This is my first one and I know it is very hard to get in, ...I am very patient though!

Any tips for the interview?:O