PDA

View Full Version : CX's policy regarding reapplying for the Cadet Program ?

GoAgain
4th Sep 2004, 05:25
Dear All

In March 2003, I applied for the Cathay Pacific Cadet pilot program and attended my 1st round interview in late June 2004.
I was unfortunately unsuccessful but this has not dented my desire to become a pilot.

So this year, in May, I sent CX another application letter only to receive an " I regret to inform you" letter. A letter that looked exactly the same as the one they sent my last June. It even had the same reference number.

I am wondering why they did not consider me? Is it because...

a: They don't not think I am good enough?
b: The minimum time period is 12 month measured from the last time they sent me a rejection letter?
c: The minimum time between considering another application from a candidate is 24 months?

I have read in the forum that the minimum time period is 12 months. However, some sources who work in CX (but not in Flight Crew HR) have told me 24 months?

Does anyone have and ideas?

Thanks in Advance.
Reapplying
GoAgain

Capt. J
4th Sep 2004, 08:22
The CX website says 12 months, if this is true then I believe it should be 12 months from the day they sent you the rejection letter.

I don't think they'd reject you because they think you're not good enough. Maybe you've changed a lot since last year, they don't know so them rejecting yourr application because they think you're not good enough is a very small chance. However, I stand to be corrected on this.

GoAgain
7th Sep 2004, 10:55
Capt.J

Interesting you say that. I will have a look at the CX website.

I guess the big question is whether I should send them another application in late September or early October. I am very tempted on this one.

However, I have heard from a fairly reliable source that a candidate that did not pass "flight grading" and was told to reapply in 24 months time. (but then again, that was flight grading)

I could also cold call the people incharge of cadet flight crew recruitment and ask for clarification but I am worried that might be abit rude.

Also, thanks for your input.

Regards

GoAgain

flydreamer
8th Sep 2004, 13:49
Goagain, I think, I can probably share some experience with you about reapplying time frame in CX cadet pilot program.

Well, it's offcial to say that candidate has to reapply after 12 months if he or she is failed prior to fly grading test. from solid source, some candidate does get another interview within 12 months. It all depends how much you have learnt in these months and how you show to them.

Rumor is always told us that lots of candidates had tried more than twice to get into. I believe on it, coz times of your applying is not the point, but the undercurrent potential you have is what they are looking for.

Nobody is born for being a pilot. :ok: so try our best! who says we can't be up there one day in the future...^^

a9733232hkg
14th Sep 2004, 22:36
Hi fellow pilots,

How are you, Can I ask you guys where does it say that you can reapply after 12 months. I can't find it under their web site. This is for Flydreamer, what's consider more qualification? Is it more education, self sponsor flight training or more work experience? I want to know how I can increase my chances to be selected next time.

Thanks in advance.

NelsonLee
15th Sep 2004, 11:03
My friend recently failed the 2nd stage and phoned the HR at CX and was told the waiting period for reapplying is 18 to 24 months. However, I have read 12 months as the waiting period numerous time in this board, can anyone clarify the waiting period?