PDA

View Full Version : Samsung "X15" Cooling Fan

BLUE SKY THINKER
4th Sep 2004, 03:19
Samsung X15 Plus HZM 725.....

Very nice notebook, particularly the high resolution screen. .....However, it appears afflicted with one particular irritation: a continuously running, intrusive, cooling fan.

Samsung advise it includes the latest BIOS 03BE (June '04) to keep the fan running continuously (!) and that it will be cured by downloading the previous BIOS 0B2E.

Two questions.....

Anyone running an "X15" on this earlier BIOS that could confirm this? .....At least one person has advised me not to expect much improvement (!?!).

Failing that, I seem to recall reading way back about Firmware for CPU cooling fan control. .....Any recommendations (warranty considerations apart)?

Many thanks.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Sep 2004, 05:27
BLUE SKY THINKER,

Before looking at a way to get the cooling fan to shut off, I would look for a replacement fan that is more efficient and quieter.

If they came out with a BIOS Revision to keep the fan running all the time, you know they have a big heat problem with that Notebook.

I would recommend getting an MP3 Player vs trying to turn off the Fan. (Each time the Fan starts to annoy you, crank up the tunes on the MP3 Player.) :ok:

Take Care,

Richard