PDA

View Full Version : Possible assistance wth a Television Programme

rfarley
3rd Sep 2004, 14:09
I hope you can help me - I was told of your website by someone in the aviation industry and I hope it is ok to post a message here!

I am currently researching a documentary for the Discovery Channel about luxury private jets. This programme will be a celebration of the passion jet owners have for their aircraft and the customisation and special equipment on board airplanes of this type.

I am hoping that some of you using this site will be able to suggest people you know who would be interested in taking part. We would require permission to film with them for a whole day and during this time take a tour around the aircraft both inside and out and also film an interview with the owner. We would also be interested in speaking to people who are involved in the running of the aircraft, especially those of you who regularly fly for one particular owner and can talk about the aircraft.

If you are interested, please do not hesiate to contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 20 8748 0888 ext.250
F: +44 (0) 20 8748 7888

email:[email protected]

Many thanks for your help.
Kind Regards
Rachel Farley
Researcher, Luxury Jets

'Pioneer Productions specialize in producing technology, lifestyle and extreme weather programmes and have a good reputation working with the military, NASA, and other organizations. Based in London, UK, we produce documentaries for Discovery, TLC, Discovery Travel, National Geographic in the USA and Discovery Europe, Channel 4 and Channel 5 in the UK'

Bumz_Rush
5th Sep 2004, 13:32
I might have a suitable owner, but we are based in Middle East, and operate in Europe. He flys the aircraft himself, and we hand hold for him. I am in Huntsville, AL, this week, and back in the real world very soon. .....PM me if of interest...Bumz

BBCapt
5th Sep 2004, 13:39
I'm sure you might already be aware, but many private owners are very secretive ( often for very good reasons ).... however please check your PMs!

727 exec
5th Sep 2004, 15:49
BR - that's why your phone had a 'foreign' ring to it yesterday...
BBCapt - any news on that project wot I mentioned??

Rachel,

Love the idea (Discovery did a programme similar a few years ago with an American refurbishing a B767) - but - the reality is that most Owners are very, very secretive (My Owner will not even have the plane cleaned by the cleaners at the FBO's...it gets done by the Owner's personal cleaning staff from The House).

You're likely to have some joy from charter companies who would happy to have the publicity - although they shouldn't share any names with you.

Good luck!!

con-pilot
5th Sep 2004, 17:10
rFarley, I would highly recommend you contact the NBAA (National Business Aircraft Association). Their web site is www.NBAA.org. While primarily a United States organization there are many business aircraft operators in Europe who are members of the E-NBAA, the European branch of the NBAA.

Good luck.

Josh10524
7th Sep 2004, 03:26
Clay Lacy Aviation at Van Nuys airport in Los Angeles doesn't seem to mind publicity. They are also a fairly unique operation and have an extensive fleet of business aircraft. I am not associated with them, but I would reccomend contacting them. They often work with the entertainment industry as they fly camera ships for commercials and movies. Their contacts can be found at www.claylacy.com .

Bumz_Rush
7th Sep 2004, 12:13
from STS109, in low earth orbit.....Re entry soon.....Bumz.

homesick rae
8th Sep 2004, 10:23
PM me. We managea small aircraft for someone and it is also chartered out. We are also in expansion mode so if you are interested pse let me know.

Cheers

HR

Bob Down
9th Sep 2004, 09:07
Hey Bumz-R!

How does the world look from (up) there???:cool:

Take it the rather 'indifferent' weather in the area hasn't prevented you, and the CX Space CowGirl from showing NASA a thing or two!!

Let us know when you splash down (or not in STS109 I suppose...:ok: )

BD

ZRH Astronomer Extraordinaire!

Bumz_Rush
17th Sep 2004, 12:39
Rfarley:

Bumz has landed, and has forwarded details to you via PM.

Bob Down
17th Sep 2004, 15:28
Hey Bumz,

Did you get the message from our glorious leader to your good missus??

There's people out there just crying for her talents!! (oh er!)

BD

727 exec
17th Sep 2004, 19:50
BD - I spoke to the Lady concerned (BR is back amongst the Pyramids)...she's had some communication with a certain organisation with regards to flying a X...

Can I have a job too please!!

BR - gather you had a great mission...beep

Rumour is that the TV personage has spoken to a certain G reg BBJ2 Owner - that should fit the bill...that's a roger Houston...beep

JeroenC
18th Sep 2004, 01:31
Just out of curiousity,

wy are much of these owners so secretive? So that they not even let the FBO clean it?

I can imagine security reasons.
Some may not want to let anybody elso know they have so much money, but any other, more subtle reasons?

Regards,

Jeroen.

PS: As I am interested in corportate flying (one day!), do most of these persons fly themselves? If not, do they charter pilots, or how does one get in contact as a pilot?

Itswindyout
24th Sep 2004, 21:53
I am told he has decided to remain secretive......the space cow girl has also landed on her feet, 1/6 G not withstanding....and I have still to fly in the flight deck.....but thats life..

JC the worst situation you can have on this planet, is the owner pilot who flys him/her self...take it from those who know....
It is cheeper to get the crew to clean the aicraft, after all we do clean the toilet....

727 why are you beeping out all the best bits....beep... beep...over and out...

Bumz_Rush
24th Sep 2004, 21:58
Yes BR is back in the sand pit....Bumz