PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Flight Scam

MBJ
3rd Sep 2004, 14:07
A word of warning about a current scam..

A bloke called "George Schleper" based in Greece arranges with a UK company for a pilot to ferry a Bell 206 from Athens to UK. A false note of transfer of funds is faxed late on a Friday to cover the cost of the airline ticket and expenses.

On arrival the pilot is then asked for the expenses cash to convert into Euros whereupon the bloke is never seen again. He is doing it for relative peanuts but it has worked at least once.

He purports to work for Carnegie Shipping, gives out a fax number, uses a mobile phone and offers to pay the pilot's charges in cash on arrival in Greece.

Having asked him for a sight of the CofA and CofR relating to the aircraft registration "VP-SUX" he seems to have suffered a total comms failure!:rolleyes:

chopperpilot47
3rd Sep 2004, 23:40
There have been a number of threads on this in the past. It is a total fraud. I inderstand some people in Southend have been taken and some at Biggin Hill. He called me but was wasting his time, I didn't fall for it.

He says he wants a helicopter delivered somewhere. The hapless pilot flies to Greece/ France or wherever at their expence. He asks for money to change into Euros and disappears.

If something looks to good to be true it is!

Regards,

Chopperpilot 47

MBJ
6th Sep 2004, 12:12
This guy is nothing if not persistent - he called me again today but rang off when I insisted on seeing the documents. I understand from the police that he has done this to fixed-wing people as well. I'll see if I can copy this to one of the F/W forums.:*

B Sousa
6th Sep 2004, 14:56
If enough of you are getting hammered. Why dont you arrange with the authorities to set this guy up........
OR if hes really doing good why dont you go to the 419 scam post on the "Campfire " thread and give some money to the Nigerians..........