PDA

View Full Version : Applying For Licences

VFE
3rd Sep 2004, 11:23
Hi folks,

Time has come to submit my applications for CPL, IR, MEP, RT, fATPL etc etc..... talk about ball ache!

Got all the relevant froms off the CAA website but am unsure how the fATPL part works! Do I fill out the ATPL application as well? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, I note that the applications require signatures from the FTO's! This is great! Now I have to post these off and wait for the FTO to return them before I can apply! Anyway round this particular little hurdle????

Thanks!

VFE.

parris50
3rd Sep 2004, 15:43
It sounds as though you are applying for a CPL with instrument and MEP ratings. If so, you don't need to fill in any ATPL froms. There is no such licence as a Frozen ATPL. It is an informal term meaning CPL/IR MEP ATPL exams passed and multi crew course completed. Your ATPL will come later when you have, among other things, your type rating and 1500 hours.

Yes, you do have to get the forms signed by your FTO and it's a good idea to have them sign your log book to confirm the hours. I think this is essential for the CPL application as you have to have 200 hours for licence issue. The only way around this might be to send the stuff to your FTO and ask them to send it on.

You talk about ball ache. Wait 'till tyou write out the cheque:O

AP

Mordacai
7th Sep 2004, 12:42
Yo!

Dont forget you also need 'certificates of course completion' for MEP/CPL/&IR.

As Paris50 said, its a very good idea to get the logbook stamped and signed.

Ball ache, yup! And the fee is a very reasonable £194.00!!!

M