PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Approach Plates

kavu
3rd Sep 2004, 02:59
Hi all

Just looking for someone who had the Jeppesen Hong Kong Approach plates in pdf or similar format on their computer and doesn't mind giving me a copy.

Am after ILD/DME 07R if around.

Cheers

Kavu

dhoonk
4th Sep 2004, 00:16
You probably want this for your upcoming sim evaluation. However, it is not necessary.

You will not be using approach plates during the sim evaluation. The ILS (and other navaids) are pre-tuned before TO and you do not have to touch the nav radios at all. As far as they are concerned, this is a generic ILS approach and could be at ANY airport. Missed approach is simply straight ahead to an altitude they specify. All they want to see is how you fly the approach and how you make use of your somewhat passive co-pilot.

Techo Taxi Driver
4th Sep 2004, 22:49
Quote: "You will not be using approach plates during the sim evaluation"

Does this mean that the plate will not be in the sim, or just that you do not have to brief from it? I would have thought it was good airmanship to have the non flying pilot reading check heights on the way down the slope.

Be good if you didn't have to brief it though, those damn Jep charts seem pretty confusing to me.:confused:

Cheers
TTD

dhoonk
5th Sep 2004, 00:09
> Does this mean that the plate will not be in the sim, or just that you do not have to brief from it?

It will not be in the sim. You will not even get to see it.