PDA

View Full Version : Sim Check

Kempus
2nd Sep 2004, 23:03
Hi guys!

Quick question, Stapleford and Astraeus are holding an assesment day soon which invovles a sim check. Now i have very little flying experience and its a bit daunting. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to expect?

Kempus :ooh:

sparks-flying
16th Sep 2004, 17:12
Don't Worry about having no flying experience as the course Stapleford are selling is afterall from "zero" hours to Atpl.

They will just be looking for good hand/eye coordination and how well you interpret instrument readings.

Good look anyway! I will be there too. Have you had your revision pack yet? What do you think of it?

Kempus
16th Sep 2004, 18:06
Hi!

Yeah got the pack on Sat! Some of complex maths and physics bit like the flybe tests.

Hope we dont have to remember any of the formulae. I took the book into work with me and showed some of the flight deck and they reckon alot aint relevant and some pages, if i do say so myself are very worded.

Heading down tommorrow on the shuttle. I'll drop you a pm with my number if your travelling down the same day!

kempus :ok:

sparks-flying
16th Sep 2004, 18:19
Don't Worry about having no flying experience as the course Stapleford are selling is afterall from "zero" hours to Atpl.

They will just be looking for good hand/eye coordination and how well you interpret instrument readings.

Good look anyway! I will be there too. Have you had your revision pack yet? What do you think of it?

Biscuit
17th Sep 2004, 08:39
Guys,

As they are selling you the course it wont matter remotely whether you have good hand-eye-foot coordination or not. The tests are there so when you "Pass" you'll feel great about handing over your hard earned cash!!

The biggest test will be to see how quickly you can get a cheque book out or your pocket and write out the numbers they supply you with! If you can do that fast enough then you're in !!

Good luck and enjoy the day! But don't worry about failing....